Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Queens DA: Robert Guerrero is Facing Four Felonies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is just wrong. State law shouldn't trump the constitutional right to bear arms, which it does in this case for the following reason: R.G. was traveling from California (where his gun was legal) to Virginia (where his gun was legal), and was only passing through New York (where he gun should be legal). Meaning that this application of state law of N.Y. is preventing his ability to exercise his constitutionally protected right to bear arms.

Something else to consider is that most of the folks who saw the R.G. on the 700 club (i bet) are politically conservative and pro-2nd amendment. If this is spun right, R.G. could become a "cause célèbre" for the currently hotly debated gun control issue. I hope that it does, and that he benefits from this non-sense. Most relatively fair-minded people will side with R.G., and his lawyers will be able to work out a deal once the D.A. has finished rubbing one out over his latest news item.

P.S. - Legalities aside (I don't know that much about the law) it is simply wrong in principle that this is happening in the United Stated of America.

Comment

• Originally posted by fightfanjoe View Post
      This is just wrong. State law shouldn't trump the constitutional right to bear arms, which it does in this case for the following reason: R.G. was traveling from California (where his gun was legal) to Virginia (where his gun was legal), and was only passing through New York (where he gun should be legal). Meaning that this application of state law of N.Y. is preventing his ability to exercise his constitutionally protected right to bear arms.

Something else to consider is that most of the folks who saw the R.G. on the 700 club (i bet) are politically conservative and pro-2nd amendment. If this is spun right, R.G. could become a "cause célèbre" for the currently hotly debated gun control issue. I hope that it does, and that he benefits from this non-sense. Most relatively fair-minded people will side with R.G., and his lawyers will be able to work out a deal once the D.A. has finished rubbing one out over his latest news item.

P.S. - Legalities aside (I don't know that much about the law) it is simply wrong in principle that this is happening in the United Stated of America.
      He wasnt traveling thru NY, he's been there several days, and you thinking it should be legal doesnt make it legal

And yes, bible thumping gun nuts are gonna come to his rescue.....not

Comment

• So is your point that people should just accept laws that aren't just? Isn't that how case law gets made, by people challenging differing contextual applications of the law?

Also, lose that prissy little no-it-all tone you got; it shows your b**ch ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          He wasnt traveling thru NY, he's been there several days, and you thinking it should be legal doesnt make it legal

And yes, bible thumping gun nuts are gonna come to his rescue.....not
          So is your point that people should just accept laws that aren't just? Isn't that how case law gets made, by people challenging differing contextual applications of the law?

Comment

• listen...his God act I mean good act has been exposed....dude carrying a gun and ammo across the country like some paranoid clown is very revealing....he don't believe in his God as much as he says he do....Psalm 23....or Romans 8:31 is all he needed...and if he was REAL about his religion, he would've known that

Comment

• Originally posted by fightfanjoe View Post
              So is your point that people should just accept laws that aren't just? Isn't that how case law gets made, by people challenging differing contextual applications of the law?

No, they should break the law and risk getting locked up for 4 years to protest the "unjust" laws, just like Robert did

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                No, they should break the law and risk getting locked up for 4 years to protest the "unjust" laws, just like Robert did
                Exactly, we should disobey unjust laws. Blindly following the law, without regard to actual right and wrong is cowardly. Yet another b**ch move.

Comment

• Robert should reach out to the 700 Club and that other show he was just on and explain what happened to him. I bet a lot of the viewing audience would sympathize with him; they might even be able to call their local politicians to support him.

And I say this as a person who normally dislikes religious conservatives. I just happen to be pro gun ownership freedoms.
                  Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 03-29-2013, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    listen...his God act I mean good act has been exposed....dude carrying a gun and ammo across the country like some paranoid clown is very revealing....he don't believe in his God as much as he says he do....Psalm 23....or Romans 8:31 is all he needed...and if he was REAL about his religion, he would've known that
                    This is why I was SHOCKED! I mean if it was Broner I wouldn't even bat an eyelid but the fact that it was Guerrero who is pretty religion from what I have seen or heard makes it so hypocritical but have been told now that religion people are the ones who actually love carrying a gun which IMO seems a bit hypocritical.

Comment

• Ray*, he wasn't deliberately committing any crimes or doing anything against his religion. In fact he was trying to be a good citizen and report his weapon to the authorities.

Being ignorant of the laws was his only sin and he didn't do it knowingly or with a harmful intent.
                      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 03-29-2013, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X