No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Queens DA: Robert Guerrero is Facing Four Felonies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert 'The Devil' Guerrero

Robert you phony christian does, 'thou should not kill' mean something.
    Join the Hector Camacho Jr fund raiser, gloves for guns. Stop using God's name before you hurt someone and get 700 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
      My only hope is that this doesn't turn into a cause for political retribution by ******* boxing judges given the current gun control debate. It happened with Pacquiao against Bradley for opposing gay marriage. I hope the judges judge his boxing and not his support of the 2nd ********* and being a Christian going on the 700 club.
      couldnt that work the other way around with conservistiffs?

Comment

• Originally posted by greglory View Post
        Did you not read what the article said? The law was changed moving the unloaded gun from a misdemeanor to an E class felony. Criminal law doesn't get into your intent when it comes to breaking a law...you did or you didn't in this regard. So whether it makes sense or not a gun with no ammo is still breaking the law in NY
        well thats not true. in new york when it comes to intent there are 3 classes of crimes, there are general intent crimes, where u just have to have the intet to commit a crime, there are specific intent crimes, where u have to have the specific intent on commiting a specific crime and there are strict liability crimes meaning it doesnt matter at all what your intent was. i.e. statutory **** is a specific liability crime. carrying a gun is also now a specific liability crime. it doesnt matter what his intent was. the act of carrying the gun itself is a crime that doesnt look at intent.

Comment

• let's use Floyd / Broner fan logic with this.... Guerrero is a marketing genius... getting free press for the fight, promoting the fight so that more people get interested and buy the ppv

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
            i think what robert did was even dumber than what plaxico did.

At least with plaxico you can somewhat understand it. Visibly public figure going out at night clubbing, paranoid about getting jacked, so he brings protection.

With robert, i dont think he lives that lifestyle, and he was going to the airport and to NYC to promote the fight. there was no need to bring a gun.
            I could not disagree more. I don't see the comparo.. Buress had a loaded gun and shot himself. That's pretty friggin dumb.

The Ghost had an unloaded gun in a lock box and licensed to carry it, (although in Cali). I'm certain he wouldn't have done that if he knew NY law.

I honestly see a lot of race driven agenda surrounding this. What the Ghost did would be proper procedure and perfectly legal in most other states. I just don't see why fight fans would put this in the same category of dumb Adrian Broner biting people, stealing old ladies purses and eating dirty a$$ cutty in night clubs to this. But that's just me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              It gets into your intent in the sense that if someone placed the gun on him without his knowledge he wouldn't be guilty of an offence. I think the more appropriate word to use is purpose. In this situation Guerrero purpose ( transporting it from A to B) should only act as a mitigating factor.
              No, incorrect. Lil Wayne's gun charge stemmed from a gun in another person's bag on his bus, and the guy tried to take the rap. I have a law degree bro and the only time you can look to the intent of parties is in Contract law. It's like saying I didn't intend to break the law because I didn't know it was against the law. When have you ever heard that work? You can't rationalize these gun laws. They don't care that you had it for protection, a photo shoot, or any other reason the common man may find "of reasonable intent". He brought an illegal gun into New York. The law on the books doesn't give you any intent as a defense.

Comment

• Mayweather-Guerrero finally became interesting. Now I just hope it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  I could not disagree more. I don't see the comparo.. Buress had a loaded gun and shot himself. That's pretty friggin dumb.

The Ghost had an unloaded gun in a lock box and licensed to carry it, (although in Cali). I'm certain he wouldn't have done that if he knew NY law.

I honestly see a lot of race driven agenda surrounding this. What the Ghost did would be proper procedure and perfectly legal in most other states. I just don't see why fight fans would put this in the same category of dumb Adrian Broner biting people, stealing old ladies purses and eating dirty a$$ cutty in night clubs to this. But that's just me.
                  The Bronards just want a way to get back at those guys who bash Broner 24/7 but have nothing to latch on.

Comment

• he may have blown his biggest payday

Comment

• Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                      The Bronards just want a way to get back at those guys who bash Broner 24/7 but have nothing to latch on.
                      That's exactly what it looks like. The gun wasn't on him, it wasn't loaded and he did have a license for it. That's proper procedure in most other places. Seems obvious he didn't know NY law, simple mistake that will end up causing a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X