No announcement yet.

David Price vs. Tony Thompson II RbR & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
    I think Price will win the rematch..made a mistake though and clicked on Thompson in the poll.
    Think we will see a very cagey Price though.
    I also think Price is going to be very cagey. I saw enough of him at amateur level to know that the Price we saw in the last fight isnt what he normally looks like. He's had defensive/chin issues but throwing an uppercut from the outside and being led around the ring like was

I expect Price to shorten his punches throw a hell of a lot more jabs and remember he is a boxer not a bar room brawler.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      I also think Price is going to be very cagey. I saw enough of him at amateur level to know that the Price we saw in the last fight isnt what he normally looks like. He's had defensive/chin issues but throwing an uppercut from the outside and being led around the ring like was

I expect Price to shorten his punches throw a hell of a lot more jabs and remember he is a boxer not a bar room brawler.
      I second that.

Gotta go with my main man Price. Wouldn't go against him for anyone.

Price TKO8

Comment

Tough, tough night for Price and on all fronts; his career is properly on the line and he's getting right back into the ring with a confident guy who has bombed him out.

But he can't afford to be gun shy and just hope that he's going to be able to sit behind a jab, keep his chin tucked-in and just hope to win it on points.

He's going to have be progressive and aggressive as well; which is easier said than done against a bloke who has smashed you up.

My gut instinct is that Price will win the rematch with a nice combination of assertive, smart boxing and move onto some huge fights.

But ultimately, I think David remains vulnerable against fast, smaller men who carry a proper dig and who start fast.

Comment

Comment

I voted Thompson by KO but Price might get his revenge.

But you have to remember Thompson is a fat old man and he knocked Price out with a punch that wasn't even big. He will eventually be hit by a similar punch and he will be laid out again, unfortunately.

Comment

I reckon Tony Thompson knocks him out again not unless David Price can deal with Thompsons power.

Comment

Thompson vs. Price II will be shown in the USA on Wealth TV.

http://www.***************.net/news/...-coverage.html

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  I second that.

Gotta go with my main man Price. Wouldn't go against him for anyone.

Price TKO8

I would offer to take another 100 million points from you on your boy getting his ass kicked a 2nd time but I won't cause I feel sorry for you.

Some of us are much better at evaluating fighters than others, so for that reason it's not fair for me to make any more bets with you, as you stand very little chance of winning any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                    I reckon Tony Thompson knocks him out again not unless David Price can deal with Thompsons power.
                    More like "if David Price can deal with getting punched" cause Thompson really doesn't have any kind of power.

Problem for David is that Tony is the best inside fighter of any HW who stands 6'5 or above. Price has zero skill on the inside and he will be trying to hold on like a **** while Thompson rips off 3-4 shorts shots on the inside.

I will give Price credit, he has balls for taking this fight, but he will have to get lucky to win. He has very little chance of beating Thompson at a boxing match based on what I've seen from both men over the past couple years.

Thompson was fat and out of shape the first time around and won. You can safely bet he will be in better shape this time around as the win revitalized what was looking like a dead career.

With Thompson in better shape, and being the better fighter to start with, all that leaves Price with is the one shot power and Tony isn't ******.

Thompson by TKO inside of 8 rounds.

My advice to you British posters is to suck up your national pride and go place a large bet on Thompson.

I got paid a handsome 8-1 on a $100 bet on the first fight.

The odds will be closer this time but British book will still have Thompson going off as a 2 or 3-1 underdog which is hilarious.

They're trying to give away money but British bettors are so nationalistic they would rather give away their money in the name of David Price than to bet against one of their boys losing to a big black yank.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                      I would offer to take another 100 million points from you on your boy getting his ass kicked a 2nd time but I won't cause I feel sorry for you.

Some of us are much better at evaluating fighters than others, so for that reason it's not fair for me to make any more bets with you, as you stand very little chance of winning any of them.
                      I'll bet as many points as you like on Price to win.

How about 50 bil?

We'll see how good you are at evaluating fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X