No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Scully on Dawson: “He sort of turned a corner in his life”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    Yes, thats very possible of course, but of course as long as we're doing it I wanted to do it to the best of our ability...in cases like that? Honestly? I dont care anything about science and what was learned in a classroom...enzymes and electrolytes etc etc...the voice of actual experience MUST be heeded in those situations, Im telling you...and you know who had a real bead on the whole thing, almost like he was right there in camp with us as a fly on the wall?? VIRGIL HUNTER. I read an interview with him a week or so before the fight and I'm like, "This guy REALLY gets it. He knows what he is talking about, it's like he's reading my mind. He knows the situation Chad is in and knows exactly what it is doing to him. He's seemingly inside the mind of the person who is responsible for Chad making weight, reading his every intention and thought. Unfortunately for us, he is also training the guy we're about to fight. So that's bad news."
    Yeah but I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out what Chad would go through absolute hell to make 168 and wouldn't be the same compared to 175 pounds.

You just have to look at his rehydration weight after the weigh-in which always was around 187-191. This is a strong, lean individual with little excess weight. There's no way that a guy with that build can shrink down over 20 pounds without muscle cannabilism and even possibly internal organ issues.

I was surprised he made the weight let alone being able to put in a few good rounds against Ward early on. I thought he would be dead on the scales which was actually fairly accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopymiller View Post
      I was surprised he made the weight let alone being able to put in a few good rounds against Ward early on. I thought he would be dead on the scales which was actually fairly accurate.
      Yea, what he had to do that last 36 hours to make weight, especially the night before the weigh-in was just insane (I watched him run the treadmill for 50 minutes then I sat in the sauna with him for 25 minutes...then cringed when he was told he couldnt eat anything until after the weigh-in the next day)..and stupid...he was dead at the scales... History teaches us...my history taught me, too...I've seen it soooo many times...mark my words, though, if I have anything at all to say about it, NO boxer I train in the future will go down in weight again...

Comment

• Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
        Yea, what he had to do that last 36 hours to make weight, especially the night before the weigh-in was just insane (I watched him run the treadmill for 50 minutes then I sat in the sauna with him for 25 minutes...then cringed when he was told he couldnt eat anything until after the weigh-in the next day)..and stupid...he was dead at the scales... History teaches us...my history taught me, too...I've seen it soooo many times...mark my words, though, if I have anything at all to say about it, NO boxer I train in the future will go down in weight again...
        Yeah, that's what I figured he would have to go through to make weight.

Virgil could see this a mile away as could most. Too bad Chad couldn't see this coming but a hard lesson to be learned. I'm sure that Chavez Jr. is doing internal damage to himself making 160 as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopymiller View Post
          Yeah, that's what I figured he would have to go through to make weight.

Virgil could see this a mile away as could most. Too bad Chad couldn't see this coming but a hard lesson to be learned. I'm sure that Chavez Jr. is doing internal damage to himself making 160 as well.
          It wasnt just that he saw it...Virgil Hunter spoke as if he was literally a fly on the wall in our house...he said what I thought, he said things almost verbatim that the S&C coach was saying every day...he's definitely a sharp guy..

Comment

Working...
          X