No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Donaire beef ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao/Donaire beef ?

Dont know if this has been discussed here at any length although I'm sure it has, but I suck at searching for old threads. So here's my question what's up with Donaire and PAC ? I know Rachel had made some comments about jinkee I know Bob has made his comments about Rachel but I'm not sure if I've ever heard either PAC or Nonito address the alleged beef.

From a business stand point you would think both of them bieng top rank fighters and Manny bieng the star that he is and both of them drawing from the same fan base Nonito would've piggy backed off Pac success and been on every single PPV Manny had. You would also think PAC would've been glad to let him do it.

Instead they do their own thing. Rarely speak of eachother at all and when they do its with very little enthusiasm. I'm not saying they should be going to church together. But you would kind of expect a big brother little brother kind of thing.

Do they have beef ? Anyone have sme inside info ?
    Nonito jealous ? PAC jealous ? What's the deal

I don't think they have beef. It's most likely just Donaire wanting to do him and be his own man.

Comment

Arum caught feelings about Donaire possibly leaving him a few years back and he basically said the Filipino fans don't embrace him and his wife like they do Pacquiao and said Jinkee was classy while Donaire's wife (can't remember her name) was a whore.

I don't think there ever was a "beef" between the two though.

Comment

Pac and Nonito are cool. I do remember there was an incident with Koncz and team donaire once but I forgot what it was about.

Comment

I don't think they fight on the same card because Arum has the mentality that he can make money on both of them separately...... we see it all the time.
          As for them being buddies... do we ever see Pac hanging out or being buddy buddy with other fighters?
          Khan says they're friends, but besides sparring, do you ever see them together or hanging out?
          Same as Donaire... don't see them together much

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Arum caught feelings about Donaire possibly leaving him a few years back and he basically said the Filipino fans don't embrace him and his wife like they do Pacquiao and said Jinkee was classy while Donaire's wife (can't remember her name) was a whore.

My thing is why wouldn't Donaire be on PAC's cards ? I'm sure it makes all the sense in the world to Arum. Who is/ was putting a stop to that ? At this point Nonito doesn't have to fight on PAC cards but a couple years back ? It would've been a great thing for all parties involved.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              I don't think they fight on the same card because Arum has the mentality that he can make money on both of them separately...... we see it all the time.
              As for them being buddies... do we ever see Pac hanging out or being buddy buddy with other fighters?
              Khan says they're friends, but besides sparring, do you ever see them together or hanging out?
              Same as Donaire... don't see them together much
              Not saying he has to be part of his entourage. But yea from what I heard PAC and Amir are "good friends". You don't really hear about Rigo and Gamboa hanging out either but you know that they are somewhat friends/ friendly and definitely no bickering between their wives lol.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                My thing is why wouldn't Donaire be on PAC's cards ? I'm sure it makes all the sense in the world to Arum. Who is/ was putting a stop to that ? At this point Nonito doesn't have to fight on PAC cards but a couple years back ? It would've been a great thing for all parties involved.
                im sure all the pac fans already know about nonito, and i might be wrong but i thought arum said it has something to do with the networks or sponsors. Something like thats why they cant fight together

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

One of the reasons Donaire wanted to leave was because he wanted to be on Pac's undercards and never got the chance. Arum talking smack was only after he tried leaving.

I recall it was Michael Koncz who said he didn't want Donaire in Pac undercards though.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                    Because he's a money maker and Arum isn't the kind of guy who puts people who can hold stand along shows on other people's cards. I doubt Donaire will be put on Pac's undercard anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X