No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Doors Remain Wide Open To All Promoters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    if boxing is so profitable for them, they should've been doing it more often than just 2 to 3 times a month.
    They would if they had broner, canelo, and mayweather on their program

Comment

HBO isn't dumb. They'll still put together good to great cards. But Golden Boy's stable is so strong, I just can't see this "split" lasting longer than a year. It's just bad business.

Comment

Originally posted by Good Boy View Post
        Mayweather made 95 million in revenue with Cotto. HBO gets a cut out of that. or does HBO work for free now?
        Of course not.. neither does the fighters, promoters, venue, cable providers, camera men, ring girls etc, etc.. I'm sure HBO makes some profit off the PPV's, but the point is exactly how much more they make from what they invest we really don't know for sure. Add to that whatever they make off a Floyd PPV event is a once a year profit being that that's about how often he actually fights.. And what about the money they invest into promoting the events and the 24/7 episodes they run, is that all free too?.. I'm sure if the profit they make from Floyd's PPV was as big as your making it out to be HBO would have matched Showtimes contract offer, or do you really believe Showtime has more money to invest then HBO now?? .. C'mon bro, common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          lol...a basement dweller calling hbo's decision dumb. you idiots should realize that boxing is just a small portion of hbo's programming.

and it's not like their boxing shows all depends on gbp. they got rid of gbp because they can afford to and it won't hurt their business. boxing is not their main course so to speak. they have a lot of other business activities that i think are more profitable than boxing.

if boxing is so profitable for them, they should've been doing it more often than just 2 to 3 times a month.
          HBO makes tons of money every minute with their regular programming. Boxing is just drop in the bucket. Anyone who says GBP's disappearance would hurt them is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by jso416 View Post
            Of course not.. neither does the fighters, promoters, venue, cable providers, camera men, ring girls etc, etc.. I'm sure HBO makes some profit off the PPV's, but the point is exactly how much more they make from what they invest we really don't know for sure. Add to that whatever they make off a Floyd PPV event is a once a year profit being that that's about how often he actually fights.. And what about the money they invest into promoting the events and the 24/7 episodes they run, is that all free too?.. I'm sure if the profit they make from Floyd's PPV was as big as your making it out to be HBO would have matched Showtimes contract offer, or do you really believe Showtime has more money to invest then HBO now?? .. C'mon bro, common sense.
            So you lied about HBO barely cracking even in their ppv investments. just wanted to clear that up

Comment

Originally posted by Jocknerd94 View Post
              Golden Boy has the best roster hands down. HBO cutting off Golden Boy is dumb. They are missing out on all Golden Boy fighters and all other semi promotions that need Golden Boy. They cut off Mayweather promotion fighters, Cabelo Promotion fighters, and Cotto Promotion fighters.
              Riight. GBP got stars but they don't fight each other. GBP would rather pit them with bums. They're also into recycling, Judah, Mosley, Hopkins...

Comment

So you lied about HBO barely cracking even in their ppv investments. just wanted to clear that up
                Wow you really are a moron aren't you.. How do you know it's a lie if you can't prove otherwise?. HBO's unwillingness to match the contract Showtime gave him tells me all I need to know about how profitable his PPV events are to them in the grand scheme of things. You still have not provided me with anything that proves HBO is losing out on all this money you keep saying they're losing out on.. If you're so butthurt about a comment I made YOU have to prove me wrong. I feel like I'm debating with a Pre-Schooler smfh.

Comment

Wow you really are a moron aren't you.. How do you know it's a lie if you can't prove otherwise?. HBO's unwillingness to match the contract Showtime gave him tells me all I need to know about how profitable his PPV events are to them in the grand scheme of things. You still have not provided me with anything that proves HBO is losing out on all this money you keep saying they're losing out on.. If you're so butthurt about a comment I made YOU have to prove me wrong. I feel like I'm debating with a Pre-Schooler smfh.
                  Because you won't back it up. I've looked and I don't see anything about HBO barely breaking even. This would be big news. Care to share your source?

Comment

Bottom line is GBP needs HBO more then HBO needs GBP. With or without GBP HBO will still be the #1 Premium cable network and that won't change regardless of how much the small number of Floyd/GBP groupies whine and threaten to switch networks.
                    HBO is falling off they lost the NFL contract to showtime don't have biggest show anymore Homeland is on showtime and now the biggest boxing fights are on Showtime along with MMA

Comment

They would if they had broner, canelo, and mayweather on their program

wasn't that the case? read your post again...slowly and you will realize how stupid it was if you have the capacity to comprehend it.

Comment

Working...
                      X