No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Doors Remain Wide Open To All Promoters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    It has nothing to do with being OK, because they would both DO BETTER with each other and that's all that matters. Of course I'm a Game of Thrones fan but I like Dexter just as much and I pay for both channels before you say I'm a fanboy or do some dumb **** like that. And sure, while GBP is the best a building talent they've always done it on HBO who is just as vital in that relationship as GDP. All GBP did was give HBO more money for other promoters on HBO and cost themselves 10 million eyeballs. At the end of the day people won't cancel HBO because they lost GBP, people will still watch boxing. On the other hand, there is no way 10 million people are going to buy Showtime just because GBP left.
    People will watch both, and you will have to go on some odd GIRLS thread after hey? or some obscure HBO fight

Comment

• This will be good for boxing. CBS is stepping to the plate more and more. They and Showtime now basically get any pick out of GBP's stable. I hope they put a decent name like Ortiz, Khan,or Maidana on CBS at some point. Let's see what these guys can draw on network tv.

Comment

• Originally posted by jso416 View Post
        Not really. It's very easy to stream fights from any network over the internet nowadays, and that's what most boxing fans do anyway to be honest. Personally I do have both networks, Showtime was actually a part of my channel package and I pay extra $10 bucks a month for HBO cause of their superior programming. Honestly if Showtime wasn't a part of my package I would drop it cause other then boxing the channel is garbage.
        exactly showtime can have the best fights but it doesn't matter because not as many people will see them and hbo will build new guys. GBP is nothing in the big picture compared to hbo. Anyone who thinks GBP is holding the cards is an idiot.

Comment

^^^ Pre-School logic

What good is it to have the best roster without the biggest platform to showcase them on?... Do you understand HBO has something like 7 million or maybe more subscribers then Showtime?.. HBO doesn't need GBP at all, they did 1.4 million viewers on Bradley vs Provodnikov, no way Showtime would have done that kind of a number airing that fight.
          ??? Like someone else stated on here. Showtime has Floyd Mayweather and Golden Boy, who has all the best fighters. Showtime can potentially build themselves up as the top network for boxing. HBO is a huge network but Showtime just came up with the Floyd move. Was Bradley/Provodnikov a PPV fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
            So let me get this right Ken Hershman is saying that he is willing to work with all promoters and you guys dont even see hes backtracking from what he said lol.

You think its not a big deal to lose Floyd? When the Pacquiao went to Showtime for one fight the last guy got fired.

BOTTOM LINE. When HBO sees the buy rate combined with the ratings for all the mayweather documentaries and the ad revenue generated from them showing the fight on CBS 2 weeks after the ppv Ken Hershmann will be jobless and. GBP will get a call from the new boxing guy at HBO.

BANK ON IT.
            I can definitely see this happening.

Comment

• How could people even think its a good move to try and black list GBP? are ppl even boxing fans on here.

I could see them being sour at Floyd but to attack the promoter and the whole stable because of it makes little sense. i want the best fights on hbo, just sucks because i mainly pay for hbo for boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
                No they arent. Ken Hershman is backtracking because he effed up.

Look at it like this.

Your on again of again girlfriend starts dating another guy. You tell your buddies im done with her we arent good for eachother. Then a week later you see her best friends and say I said what I said but if she wants to call me im open to listen to her. You would only say that to her if you still wanted her and realized you effed up.
                They don't understand the business demographics of it. Plus they won't allow themselves to see the big picture clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Good Boy View Post
                  How could people even think its a good move to try and black list GBP? are ppl even boxing fans on here.

I could see them being sour at Floyd but to attack the promoter and the whole stable because of it makes little sense. i want the best fights on hbo, just sucks because i mainly pay for hbo for boxing
                  Bob Arum was probably in Hershman's ears as well. But mostly it is because of the Floyd move to Showtime but Golden Boy did some sucker $#!t too by getting mad at HBO for upholding their agreement with Top Rank for Martinez/Chavez Jr. This is supposed to be business but it just seems more personal.

Comment

Still waiting on the source that proves HBO makes so much more money then they invest in Floyd's PPV events.
                    Its a percentage of the ppv buys, only a moron would deny that floyd sells more ppvs than any other elite fighter, hence he makes more than they invest, thats a fact.. Do you really want to debate that?
                    Duh..

Comment

• Originally posted by Good Boy View Post
                      Mayweather made 95 million in revenue with Cotto. HBO gets a cut out of that. or does HBO work for free now?
                      Stop arguing with the HBOtard.. Its pointless, lampleys winnie is so far down his throat hes hopeless...

Comment

Working...
                      X