Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Polls, Provodnikov wins the fight!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
    You mean you trust the judges, than the majority of fans? So you agree that Cintron won tonight?
    I think judges " can " be corrupt but I think they know more about accurate scoring of a boxing contest than the vast majority of fans do , like I said fans will always go for the aggressor in close fights , its human nature , but its not boxing .

Comment

I'll take the polls than your opinion!
      How'd you feel about hbo poll for the 3rd marquez pacquiao fight ? I think it was something like 60% Marquez 30% pacquiao 10% draw.

Correction

46% marquez

12% pacquiao

42% draw

But I'm sure in that instance the polls were bogus and the judges made the right call. Right ?
      Last edited by brickcityboxing; 03-22-2013, 11:42 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

An ESPN poll is just about the worst thing that you could possibly use to make a point. Not surprising coming from a Pacfan tho.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
          How'd you feel about hbo poll for the 3rd marquez pacquiao fight ? I think it was something like 60% Marquez 30% pacquiao 10% draw.
          That's why Pac gave him a rematch!

Comment

I didn't ask why PAC gave him a rematch. I asked you how accurate do you think those polls were ?

Comment

And he got knocked out which proves the poll right , and that wasnt why Pac gave him a rematch it had nothing to do with Manny , it was money and Arum that wanted the rematch , and JMM was the only one that he had a chance of beating , Bradley Cotto and Floyd all beat him so they had no choice but to fight JMM , and Karma won !

Comment

Butchering mathematics.

Comment

any news of a rematch?

Comment

You mean you trust the judges, than the majority of fans? So you agree that Cintron won tonight?
                    Do you understand that as fans, we only see the fight from one angle for the most part. Our eyes only see what the camera shows us. The judges are sitting around the ring in different areas for a reason. From different angles you get a different view. Its a whole different fight from their perspective. That is also the purpose of the 3 judges not sitting beside each other. Too many things are happening in that ring to try and judge it from 1 angle. So it is irrelevant what a poll suggests. Its just the opinion of fans who are watching from 1 view and are not trained to judge a real fight. We only judge it from an entertainment point of view, but judges are trained to notice the actual technical side of the fight and the points that are being scored that us viewers don't notice. I think the decision was a good one or it could have been a draw if the sport had replay. But because the ref was standing at an ANGLE where he did not see the right hand land on Bradley, he ruled it a slip. So that was the official call. We as fans only see a certain ANGLE, so its a lot that we miss as well.

Comment

I think Tim barely won but he got his butt whooped!

Comment

Working...
                      X