Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should David Haye get another Wlad shot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson might have a better chance in year to come...

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      Tyson might have a better chance in year to come...
      Yeah but he's only 24 years old, he's probably at least 4 years away from his prime, considering these big guys all seem to be at their best in their 30's.

I wouldn't put him in with Wlad right now, although i'd take the Vitali fight for him in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        In this case it's not to do with Haye being English.

Never once did I say haye would win, i'm just saying I still give him more chance than the rest of them
        Based on what? His first performance?

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          Based on what? His first performance?
          Yup considering I don't give the rest of them a chance to even do that well (remembering haye lasted 12 and came closer on the scorecards than anyone since sam peter 1, 8 years ago)

Comment

Wlad-Haye was just wlad-ibragimov 2. Haye & ibragimov too scared too actually try and wlad content to do just enough to win without moving out of 2nd gear. Both fights were boring, both fights were clearly won by wlad, the only difference? Haye has a delusional fan base who believe the bull5h1t he spews to build up fights and his own aura.

Comment

Haye is either the 2nd or 3rd best HW, in that sense, yeah.

I would like Haye to beat a 'rated' HW first, just to keep the complainers quiet. The HW division sucks, every other fight will end whenever Wlad wants to end it...at least Wlad-Haye is a fight between two very good fighters.

It's a sad state when the division's best fight is between a superheavy and a blown up crusier, but it is what it is.

Comment

Yes and wlads style is just a bad match for haye haye can take a good punch but he is too short his reflexes is just not enough to get to wlad

Comment

if he beats a top contender first, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
                    If Tony Thompson can somehow get two shots at Wlad, then why not Haye.

Haye is highly ranked, perhaps one eliminator fight then a shot against Wlad.
                    the other side of this coin is of course, that neither Haye nor Thommie (goodness, a 40something man) should be getting 2nd chances at what is supposed to be the pinnacle of the sport (ie. about prime worldlevel acheiving 30 year olds) so a champion who gives them such chances is playing the role of a fake champion.
                    Last edited by DreamFighter; 03-22-2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      Pulev - Not a legacy builder, he's just an unproven contender nobody has ever heard of

Fury - same, but it is a big uk fight at least

Povetkin - good fight, also includes a paper belt

Helenius - journeyman

Boytsov - See Pulev, plus is he actually still fighting or retired? i'm serious, i don't know.

I know what you are trying to say, but there are VERY little fights out there worth Haye's time, even if he beats a Pulev say, it means nothing to the casuals, and to everyone on here they will just say pulev was an untested hype job so it means nothing.

Four fights worth it for Haye

Povetkin
                      Fury
                      Vitali
                      Wlad

That's it.
                      i dont see how the pikie is worthy of a fight with haye. he ducked price!!

Comment

Working...
                      X