No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy: 50,000 Tickets Sold To Back To Back Cards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
    Those tickets for the Canelo fight was selling for 10$. Yes it is true. I'll find the video with Oscar stating this.
    Most already know that. Still people like to ignore the fact that most were regular priced and all expensive tickets are sold out. They will have 40,000 in the house that night and that is good for boxing.

Comment

ticket sales are always deceptive.

Golden Boy has lied about ticket sales before

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/9/14...me-boxing-news

what they do is use a 3rd party broker and buy the tickets themselves and try to resell them or give them away at the last minute.

Golden Boy is just trying to create hype around the events.

Comment

gotta be happy for the sport here.good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post

what they do is use a 3rd party broker and buy the tickets themselves and try to resell them or give them away at the last minute.

No hype here. Those tickets are flying FAST. I had to go to the promotional office also. This is no hype. I'm from San Antonio also. :waving:

Comment

People are trying to hate. Yes, tickets for the Canelo vs Trout are as low as $10, but 10,000 of those tickets were priced at $150 and $300 with 5,000 going for $100. So this fight is a huge success! Quit hating!

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post

I've seen published on a couple of sites that they just pay the seat tax (either state or county not sure) of about $5.65 per seat. This way, if they have 2-3000 seats over they can get huge publcity for a low price.

In the old days it used to be the other way 'round. The cable companies or the distributor used to have a man posted at the entrance to the closed circuit venues all around the country to count the number of people going in.....it isn't a very honest business you know..

Comment

The Canelo vs. Trout bout has sold a lot of tickets. So much that there is talk about expanding the AlamoDome. Me and Mrs. Chief will be in the building for that fight. Tickets have been purchased.

Comment

I'll be going to the Alamodome as well. Tickets purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
                    No hype here. Those tickets are flying FAST. I had to go to the promotional office also. This is no hype. I'm from San Antonio also. :waving:
                    I wasn't talking about Canelo vs Trout it's a big fight that people wanted to see. I was just using Canelo vs Lopez as an example of GBP lying about sales.

although I do think GBP using the juice from Canelo vs Trout to hype to other events which are kind of lack luster.

not many really wanted Garcia vs Judah or Mayweather vs Guerrero so both those fights need that extra boost. people think differently about those fight but you don't really see any excitement around them like Canelo vs Trout.
                    Canelo vs Trout alone could sell out a huge stadium. that fight alone is 50k.

I was just point out GBP being misleading with its press

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      I've seen published on a couple of sites that they just pay the seat tax (either state or county not sure) of about $5.65 per seat. This way, if they have 2-3000 seats over they can get huge publcity for a low price.

In the old days it used to be the other way 'round. The cable companies or the distributor used to have a man posted at the entrance to the closed circuit venues all around the country to count the number of people going in.....it isn't a very honest business you know..
                      thanks for the knowledge

Comment

Working...
                      X