Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito deserves to be in the HOF!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Fantastic, how ya' been, man?! Long time no see!

I saw the thread title and then then your name and I went, "Aaaaaah sh**! I'm browsing this topic with a ten foot pole just because there are points to be made on all sides.

I try to be objective as I can, but it's an awkward situation.

I remember when people were debating whether or not Gatti would get in to the hall of fame. To me, it seemed logical. Hall of FAME...hall of...FAME.

Gatti was VERY well known in boxing circles so to me it seemed logical he'd get in eventually.

Now, should that be the only criteria? No. They should also have shown a certain degree of competitiveness and notable achievements.

As it stands, Margarito SHOULD go in, but he most likely won't because the Jan 2009 controversy. If that's the case, then Mosley shouldn't either because of the controversy surrounding him. The difference between them is that Mosley admitted to it and Margarito denies it. Mosley's getting in, and Margarito most likely won't. It's a bit twisted depending what your view on it.

It's natural to look at Tony with disdain. Let's say, hypothetically (and I reiterate hypothetically), that Tony fought other fights with loaded gloves and, somewhere else, Mosley fought other fights with enhancers. They WILL NOT be viewed as the same, or shouldn't any way. They would be both guilty but Margarito would be looked at worse. I don't remember which boxer it was, but someone said that it's one thing to want to perform better (EPO), but it's another thing to add more potential damage output to your weapons (plaster). Regardless, they would be both guilty. The fact that Mosley has: #1 Admitted to EPO use #2 used EPO rather than use plaster #3 that his trial wasn't given that much media attention MAY BE why he's being slipped in. Just my theory.

And then you have Tito. Tito was decapitating people left and right and it wasn't until the Hopkins fight that you had controversy. There was never any follow-up or investigation or persecution after that but among some circles it's still brought up. Trinidad is on his way to going into the HOF, and there isn't any outcry. But here's a tidbit that I particularly found interesting in an interview by Naazim Richardson in a Ring Magazine when questioned about Tito and Margarito:

"Margarito was trying to add plaster, whereas Tito was putting a lot of wrap around his fists. Margarito was a violation against the rules, whereas Tito was more like an abrasion against the rules. It's one thing to have more chess pieces on the board, and it's another thing to have the chess pieces in a different starting arrangement."

^^^lol gotta' love Naazim.

Anyway, I gotta' go back to work.

I just wanted to provide some information to the topic.

I'll be back later guys. I typed all this on my phone. Lol

Comment

• All I see is insults thrown at Margarito, me, and some other fans BUT no real answer to it.

Margarito>>>>>>>>Cuevas/Gatti.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        All I see is insults thrown at Margarito, me, and some other fans BUT no real answer to it.

Because there is no way around it. Gatti opened the floodgates for numerous fighters. Margarito isn't the only one either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
          I've already stated to several people that I've read the details on it.

Fact is, I support a hero and you support a granny beater, punk thug, racist, Broner.

I won't go any further on this. That's another thread.

Comment

All I see is insults thrown at Margarito, me, and some other fans BUT no real answer to it.

the answer is gatti is a beloved fighter and tony's not
            Mosley will get in because he was never caught cheating tony was caught trying to cheat.
            a fighter should know whats going in his body and whats going in his gloves

Comment

Cuevas got in.

Gatti is getting in.

Among others. Reason I put them 2 is cause if you're smart, you'd know.
              Cuevas won 12 title fights in a row. Not smart to mention Cuevas and Gatti as the 2 most undeserving HOFers.
              Last edited by BRITISH LlON; 03-20-2013, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Shit thread...I'm gonna vomit now.

Comment

• Gatti cheated on the scales against Gamache. He didn't make weight....he knew it and so did the commission. The commission pushed the fight through because Gatti was a draw but ended a man's career and livelihood due to their corruption.

Comment

• Margarito only deserves to be forgotten, nothing more.

Comment

• Last edited by RL_GMA; 03-20-2013, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X