No announcement yet.

Lara suffered a right hand injury during the Vanes fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lara suffered a right hand injury during the Vanes fight

“What most people didn’t realize was that Erislandy injured his right hand in the first round,” proclaims Ronnie Shields. “After the first round, he came back to the corner and whispered something into his manager Luis Decubas Jr’s ear. I didn’t find out until after the second round had started that Erislandy severely injured his right hand in the opening round.”
    “But Erislandy is a complete fighter. He is very versatile and can fight using different styles and tactics. Our plan was to outbox Vanes early and then start backing him up in the mid to late rounds. Because Vanes has never been an effective aggressor, I knew that we would eventually frustrate him, break him down physically and mentally, and take over the fight.”

“But it became very difficult to set anything up without his jab or right hook. So I told Erislandy just to keep firing his left hand as much as he could. Lara was unusually pawing with his jab and almost back-handing Vanes, which you never see from a very experienced fighter like Erislandy.”
    http://www.east sideboxing.com/2012/ronnie-shields-erislandy-lara-would-have-knocked-out-vanes-martirosyan-in-the-10th-or-11th/

I know this is way old and not trying to make excuses but I guess this explains why we never saw the right hook and why Shields didn't have any other instructions in the corner but "throw the left". It's a shame cause I've seen Vanes get hit by plenty of right hooks and straight lefts. It would've opened the fight for Lara much easier. Figured I'd post this for those interested and I hope this is not a reoccurring problem.

That fight still pisses me off. Draw my ass, Vanes won no more than 2 or 3 rounds, at most. Lara was embarrassing him when the fight got stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      That fight still pisses me off. Draw my ass, Vanes won no more than 2 or 3 rounds, at most. Lara was embarrassing him when the fight got stopped.
      Even if it was a draw up to the previous round or whatever there's no way Vanes could've won the last round... Lara landed the only punches in that round.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        That performance was weak from both of them, I didn't mind the draw at all, Lara was way too tentative.

Comment

I don't understand how that could be a draw..Vanes couldn't touch Lara in the whole fight..

Comment

Injury my ass. You have to throw a punch to injure your hand. This bum never through a punch for 10 rounds. I dont ever want to hear Laras name again as long as I live. He ran from Vanes like a *****. He shouldve lost that fight.

Comment

even if he's kicking van's ass, it's boring, people dont wanna see him fight again, well except for you guys, if they want to stay relevant, they should let us fans know that they really want to win, we have bunch of guys still fighting and winning even with a broken fist

Comment

What did he break vs Molina...yeah BS

do a reamtch and settle it, dont bother televising it though, lol/
                Last edited by ElMeroChingon; 03-19-2013, 11:06 PM.

Comment

That fight was crap from both but Lara was less crappy and im always skeptic about any excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                    Injury my ass. You have to throw a punch to injure your hand. This bum never through a punch for 10 rounds. I dont ever want to hear Laras name again as long as I live. He ran from Vanes like a *****. He shouldve lost that fight.
                    Kill yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X