Felix Trinidad
    Floyd Mayweather
    Miguel Cotto
    Paul Williams
    Antonio Margarito
    Manny Pacquiao
    Timothy Bradley
    Juan Manuel Marquez (147 version)
    Why do you make me work so hard? I am basing my list on how these guys performed overall in their welterweight prime. I could make the a list tomorrow and it might not come out in the same order. From best to worst. Trinidad, Mayweather, Williams, De La Hoya, Quartey, Pacquiao, Forest, Mosley, Margarito, Mayorga, Cotto, Marquez and Bradley.

Comment

David Haye

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
        lol if that's not a troll attempt I don't know what is
        Relax, my answer is genuine. What makes you think I'm trolling? I don't come on here in spite of other people, that's ridiculous.

Comment

DLH
          Trinidad
          Ike quartey
          Vernon Forrest
          PAC
          Mayweather
          Cotto
          Margarito
          Williams
          Marquez
          Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
            He was a top contender with a nasty right and became Champion. In the rematch, he folded him like a chair.

Mosley was a terrible fight (my post history from before that fight, shows that I had this same position). Mosley was coming off of two training camps due to a failed fight with Berto and a 14 month layoff. Especially bad considering that he never had that. It was merely a showcase fight, and Mosley's subsequent performances prove that the Mayweather non-performance was no fluke.

The JMM is a bad win. He came up from 135 to challenge him and looked flabby and out of shape. JMM of 2012-2013 is in a different place than in that fight. That is not a WW win. It was another showcase fight. I have no problem him fighting Judah, Judah was still relevant and dangerous. The Baldomir fight was an easy pick me up title, like Broner and Malignaggi. So to me that has real low value. Ortiz was a good win, or should I say, could have been a better win if it ended better than it did. I respect Floyd for taking that fight. I would place it though =/= with Cintron.

I personally like Margarito and rate him high. I felt sad and disgusted he tried to cheat and think he did, but it was never proven, so I think its fair that he's given the benefit of the doubt. He fought all he could and for the most part came out on top.

I think ultimately Prime Margarito gives everyone on that list a problem. He may not win them all, but they'll all know they were in a fight.
            Sorry man but you are very delusional about your boy. He was caught, fined, suspended and found guilty with all the evidence in order do so. Margaritos whole career is a fraudulent one.

The fact he left his trainer after the presiding in order to hope to help his image; which it did nothing besides delusional fans. The fact also after being exposed he did not win One big.fight after and like you said "power was no longer there".

Comment

Quartey should be at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                uhh... Cheato Wrapidad doesn't belong in the same sentence as Pacquiao and De la hoya.

Since when did Felix cheat? Those wraps of his were legal in other states.

Comment

I think legacy-wise (147 only), this list might be in the right direction:

Oscar De La Hoya
                  Felix Trinidad
                  Vernon Forrest
                  Shane Mosley
                  Floyd Mayweather
                  Manny Pacquiao
                  Paul Williams
                  Ike Quartey
                  Antonio Margarito
                  Juan Manuel Marquez
                  Ricardo Mayorga
                  Miguel Cotto
                  Timothy Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                    Since when did Felix cheat? Those wraps of his were legal in other states.
                    were they legal in the state he used them? when they caught him did he knock his opponent out like he usually did? did he even win? did he even go the distance?

Wrapidad got cuaght

Comment

my list:

1. Felix trinidad - 16 title defenses
                      2. Oscar de la hoya - 8 title defenses
                      3. floyd mayweather jr - 7 title defenses
                      4. Antonio Margarito - 7 title defenses
                      5. Miguel Cotto - 4 title defenses
                      6. Shane Mosley - 3 title defenses
                      7. Manny Pacquiao - 3 title defenses
                      8. Cory Spinks - 2 Title Defenses
                      9. vernon Forrest - 1 Title Defense