No announcement yet.

HBO not doing fights with GBP anymore is worse for them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO not doing fights with GBP anymore is worse for them

Showtime will never "win" against HBO over the long-term if they don't show live fights... LIVE for west coast cable subscribers. I'm out here living on the west coast and in order for me to watch a fight live on showtime I have to stream it on the internet. I'm sure that is what everyone does on the west coast because they can't get it live. That is a huge loss in subscription numbers and it sucks for GBP.

No HD east is a problem for those on the west that happen to get live fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      No HD east is a problem for those on the west that happen to get live fights.
      we don't even get regular definition live out here on the west coast. we have to stream all live showtime fights live.

Comment

Top rank have had more recent fights that were exciting. Bradley vs prod. Pac vs jmm. Rios vs alvarado. Hbo will be fine.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Top rank have had more recent fights that were exciting. Bradley vs prod. Pac vs jmm. Rios vs alvarado. Hbo will be fine.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

What? I'm in Cali and get like 6 different Showtime channels on DishNetwork. All the fights I've watched have been live, it's not the same for all service providers?

Comment

Originally posted by CounterPunching View Post
              What? I'm in Cali and get like 6 different Showtime channels on DishNetwork. All the fights I've watched have been live, it's not the same for all service providers?
              same here brother i got dish and direct t.v i get them live aswell, unless they aint live and we just think they are in wich case i dont care, but anyway yeah i do prefer hbo boxing tbh.

Comment

Showtime subscription is not a common thing to many people. All I have is HBO. If fans get lucky, Showtime might show it for free or with ads like the Cotto/Trout.

Comment

GBP has the roster in the divisions that matter. So Showtime will be fine. They could have Super Six tournaments in 140 thru 154 because they have those divisions on lock. HBO will have nothing but a bunch of recycled fights.

Comment

I get both east coast and west coast feeds of HBO/Showtime with Time Warner in LA.

Comment

Working...
                    X