Comments Thread For: HBO Ends Golden Boy Relationship, Passes on Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showtime new home of boxing.

Comment

I remember when Broner said to one of his potential opponets.. "You're nothing but a showtime fighter... I'm an HBO boxer!" Hahaha not no mores

Comment

I'm not shocked by this news since Espinoza been running Showtime sports majority of GB fighters moved to showtime.Espinoza had no interest in working with Arum TR to begin with HBO will miss Broner and Thurman

Comment

Right now, I can't complain. Top Rank is putting on some fantastic shows. Rios-Alvarado was epic. The televised portion of this weekend's card was sensational. Vargas and Lucky Boy Wale's fight was a dogfight. Bradley and Provodnikov was a mega dogfight. Rigo-Donaire I hope becomes a dogfight. WWII with Rios and Alvarado. Bob Arum and Top Rank falling in line with random testing. They put the pressure on Rigo to fall in. I don't like Bob Arum but I have to give him a ton of credit.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
            Showtime new home of boxing.
            Which has a lower audience. So GB is basically isolating themselves a bit. Much better for them to work with two networks rather than one since that means more money, more fights and larger audience.

Comment

Showtime will always be a second rate network for boxing, nobody has ever built their entire career and become a star or a household name fighting solely on Showtime.

Comment

... and ppl did not believe arum when he spoke about loyalty and cable network issues with making the donaire-mares fight. now we're seeing it.

Comment

Showtime needs to hire Max Kellerman... Then they would be unstopable

Comment

Not liking this move by HBO

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
                      at least they went ahead and made it official. It has been all but for a while now. Golden Boy and Al Haymon are LAME. As big a D-bag as Arum is, I thinK GBP is closing themselves off to the rest of boxing--Putting themselves on an island. Maybe Showtime can make GBP into its own strikeforce type league like it already has for MMA
                      Yeah, but their island is bigger than everyone elses

Comment

Working...
                      X