No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Ends Golden Boy Relationship, Passes on Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
    Showtime is gonna have to show replays the next morning to win me over, I can't stand that they don't do that.
    2 words: on demand......

Comment

• Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
      I wonder if this all happened cause GB wanted Paulie and HBO didn't. Nonetheless, HBO fed us all that bias crap about Broner all these years just to end like this.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

yes, floyd mayweather had nothing to do with it. all paulie.

Comment

• Originally posted by rey guey View Post
        you do know that that was all Ken Hershman who made Showtime Boxing respectable.

the former HBO pres Greenburg had a sweet heart deal with Golden Boy and that's what basically made HBO boxing a joke. it cost Greenburg his job.

basically HBO refused to buy the mismatches Golden Boy was peddling which is fine they can sink Showtime. Broner vs Paulie is joke considering Broner ducked the top lightweight and the entire 140 divison.

with Hershman at HBO, fight fans will see better fights.

people want to hate on Arum but Bradley vs Provodnikov was a hell of a lot better than Broner vs Rees.
        Excellent take bro! It was only a matter of time but HBO had to draw a line in the sand and make a power play. Hershman built SHO to a respectable commodity with half the resources of HBO while Greenburg was bending over backwards for GBP and letting them build their roster on scrap fights. As soon as Hershman put a stop to all the back door deals GBP bolts and buys their own network. Don't forget about all the counter programming SHO/GBP were doing against HBO last year too. De La Hoya and Co. are trying to monopolize boxing and finally have their all inclusive network.

Comment

• Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post

three words :
          D V R

sack up and pay that $seven a month, dog. it'l change your life.

Comment

4 words: not everyone has cox

Comment

• Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
              They won't run outta fights even if other promoters are getting hbo dates it wouldn't make sense to turn down fights on show time getting there guys exposure on both networks and maintaining a healthy relationship will mean more money so that makes no sense
              if your peter quillen you will never get to fight sergio martinez, julio cesar chavez jr, ggg or andre ward. how long is he gonna be happy not getting the big fights and big money?

gp can't keep everybody happy. guys will leave them. then what?

Comment

• Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
                HBO is killing their brand from a boxing standpoint.

The ONLY thing HBO really has going for them at this point is Lampley/Kellerman/Jones Jr/Merchant/Lederman. Those guys are what REALLY makes the HBO brand. Nothing else.

The Showtime commentators are perfectly capable of calling fights, but they always come off as 2nd tier to the HBO guys.

You can't replicate Lederman's "OK Jim..."

or Roy Jones subtle one ups on the other guys opinions because he's boxed and they haven't.

Lampley's random comments and antics

Kellerman's EXTREMELY insightful comments and analysis.

The HBO guys and their chemistry is special and endearing. No matter how good the action is in the ring or who is in the ring, Showtime fights never feel quite as major to me for these reasons.

Boxing needs a dictatorship...I hate this ish.
                I absolutley Agree!!! To me a fight just aint the same without Jim Lampley, Larry Merchant, and Harold Letterman. These are the guys that commented on the fights I grew up watching. Roy Jones is cool but I have to say Andre Ward did a way better job a few weeks ago. He was very well spoken. But you have to give it to Showtime. They have been stepping it up. to me Brian Kenny is the new Jim lampley...lol I remember him and Max together on ESPN that was good combo. but the last 5-6 fights I've watched on Showtime have been on par if not better than HBO shows (quality wise). They've come a long way from being the network showing those fights with the funny sounding audio and budget lighting....lol God forbid but I hope if HBO Boxing folds Lampley, Harold, and Kellerman go to showtime. That would be great!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                  if your peter quillen you will never get to fight sergio martinez, julio cesar chavez jr, ggg or andre ward. how long is he gonna be happy not getting the big fights and big money?

gp can't keep everybody happy. guys will leave them. then what?
                  The only fighters he wouldn't be able to fight is top rank fighters I don't see other promoters turning down big fights on show time as long as there's money being poured into this everyone will be happy.

Comment

you obviously don't understand that even HBO doesn't put their fights on "on demand" till after tuesday after their last replay. But you knew already right.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post

yes, floyd mayweather had nothing to do with it. all paulie.
                      Like I said, when I read the first statement in that article that's the first impression I get. This whole thing was bound to happen sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
                      X