• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxrec rank Provodnikov 12th @147 - 6 places ahead of Malignaggi

http://boxrec.com/ratings.php?***=M&...eight&pageID=1

Where was he before the fight?

Comment

How's that possible? Doesn't their system leave 0 room for judgement, offical scores only? Paulie won his last fight and is a beltholder. Ruslan lost, and wasn't even high ranked at 140.

Comment

I think they're ranking based on common sense.
        Last edited by Scarcaztic; 03-17-2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          How's that possible? Doesn't their system leave 0 room for judgement, offical scores only? Paulie won his last fight and is a beltholder. Ruslan lost, and wasn't even high ranked at 140.
          Does boxrec add extra points for belts? If it doesn't, Pauli has been fighting crappy opposition when he isn't losing to good opposition so Paulie being ranked low isn't surprising.

Comment

He has more points according to their system. I don't understand it but if you get into that type of **** they have a page that gives a full detailed explanation of their points system.

I believe knockouts are a part of their scoring so Paulie's low KO ratio hurts his points rating.

Comment

everyone should be ahead of malignaggi regardless if they have ever won at 147 or not.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                I think they're ranking based on common sense.
                They don't tho, it's fully computerized. That's the #1 knock on them, zero room for common sense. Tho it's flawed in all kinds of other ways.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  They don't tho, it's fully computerized. That's the #1 knock on them, zero room for common sense. Tho it's flawed in all kinds of other ways.
                  I don't know if that's really fair. I don't pretend to fully understand their points system, but it seems like there's a lot of 'common sense' built into it - http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Bo...gs_Description
                  Last edited by Dr Rumack; 03-17-2013, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Where was he before the fight?
                    I checked on that just before the fight. Believe it or not they rated him the 46th best welterweight in the world. I think his fine performance earned him a big upgrade in the world welterweight rankings. I don't think too many 140 to 147 pounders will be begging to fight him. Bradley was mad Pacquiao did not rematch him. Here is Bradley's chance to set an example for Pacquiao and rematch the Russian in his next fight. I really don't think Bradley wants to share a ring with the Russian again.

Comment

Working...
                    X