Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did this fight hurt or help bradleys career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think bradley's stock might have gone up a little bit or will hold tightly to where it is, because of he heart and willingness to engage when hurt!

Ruslan's went up, but like with his first loss, he was outboxed, had he not let off the gas when he did, then to get out pointed the way he did in the middle rounds, that hurt him in this fight, but overall, ruslan's stock went up, he performed like a professional and finished strong.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind watching them go at it again, it was an exciting fight.

sadly, it's too big a risk with no reward for bradley, and after a fight like that, I'd be surprised if bradley would entertain a rematch.

great fight and far more exciting than the ufc main event, that was a doo doo fight, bradley vs ruslan, was quality, through and through.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
      I think bradley's stock might have gone up a little bit or will hold tightly to where it is, because of he heart and willingness to engage when hurt!

Ruslan's went up, but like with his first loss, he was outboxed, had he not let off the gas when he did, then to get out pointed the way he did in the middle rounds, that hurt him in this fight, but overall, ruslan's stock went up, he performed like a professional and finished strong.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind watching them go at it again, it was an exciting fight.

sadly, it's too big a risk with no reward for bradley, and after a fight like that, I'd be surprised if bradley would entertain a rematch.

great fight and far more exciting than the ufc main event, that was a doo doo fight, bradley vs ruslan, was quality, through and through.
      What else can you expect from a GSP fight

Comment

2 straight losses, i gotta put him in the berto-ortiz heap-o-bums.

Comment

It made me a fan so I guess it helped his career!

Comment

I agree, both fighter's stock went up. Ruslan benefitted more because we already knew what Tim brought to the ring, but Tim showed a willingness to fight and made the fight exciting by trading. Ruslan took a lot of good shots in this fight. Although he said they didn't hurt, his trainer who was looking at him, and his face and body said otherwise. Nevertheless, I am excited to see either of them fight again. Thurman vs Ruslan or Maidana or even Aydin would be exciting. The welterweight division is on fire right now

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
              Thats my question. Bradley has had a lot of people question his status as a pound for pound fighter. This back to many believing he ducked Khan (although we all do know the promotional aspect of why it didnt happen). Khan was even vocal about punking him out. Then he has a rough fight with an old Casamayor, a gift decision against manny and now the fight tonight. Bradley showed courage, heart, chin, and the ability to put on a great show. He also went life and death with a low ranked fighter. What do you believe this fight did for bradley?
              stopped reading there.........He beat Casamyors ass from pillar to post...same casa who had dropped guerrero in his previous fight.

Comment

His reputation took a hit.... I don't think he's P4P fighter anymore... but on the other hand he gained some respect and some fans.

People will want to see him fight again

Comment

I think it helped him big time.

One of his biggest knocks was he was a boring fighter and tonight he kind of ended that. He won a lot of fans tonight and should be a bigger draw in the future.

Comment

I didn't have him very high p4p because like so many I thought he lost his previous fight.

I thought he fought a stupid fight last night. Bradley should have known better than to slug with a slugger and he almost paid the price. But as far as marketability it might have boosted his career.

Comment

It helped him because he gained some fans by fighting gallantly tonight, but physically it could hurt him by taking some steam out of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X