Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Prince's goons attacked Ellerbe and camp member at a Top Rank gym in 2003?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Prince's goons attacked Ellerbe and camp member at a Top Rank gym in 2003?

"Mayweather also found himself in some trouble when he was in a fierce contractual battle with former manager James Prince. Top Rank stepped in and advanced him $610,000 to settle with Prince, and also cut Prince a check for 20 percent of Mayweather's $3.05 million dollar purse for fighting Phillip Ndou.

The situation with Prince, a well known figure in the rap world, escalated to a dangerous level when several men showed up to the Top Rank Gym on September 11, 2003 and roughed up Leonard Ellerbe and former camp member Thomas Summers, sending both to the hospital.

Mayweather's camp has never confirmed the story, but both DuBoef and Arum claimed to have saved a "shaken" Floyd Mayweather, Jr., who told DuBoef 'These are bad guys, you have to help me save my family.'

"I said, 'Let me give James a letter of credit,' " Arum said. "And Floyd said -- I'll never forget it -- 'James don't take no letter of credit.' "
    Apparently there's source claiming a gun was involved.

This was posted in another thread. This story seems intriguing, anyone have more info on it? Did it escalate any further or was that the worst of it?
    Last edited by thuggery; 03-15-2013, 09:56 PM.

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
    Apparently there's also a source claiming James Prince knocked Floyd out and another source claiming a gun was involved.

This was posted in another thread. This story seems intriguing, anyone have more info on it? Did it escalate any further or was that the worst of it?
    thought the 'James don't take no letter of credit' incident was common knowledge among long-time fans. this is old news.

never heard of Prince knocking Floyd out, that sounds like a bit of dramatic license from some random internet 'tard or other, but members of the entourage were roughed up and Floyd was reportedly threatened (threats against his family may have been made, IIRC).

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
      thought the 'James don't take no letter of credit' incident was common knowledge among long-time fans. this is old news.

never heard of Prince knocking Floyd out, that sounds like a bit of dramatic license from some random internet 'tard or other, but members of the entourage were roughed up and Floyd was reportedly threatened (threats against his family may have been made, IIRC).
      Not to us youngins'. First time hearing about it TBH.

Comment

"Hey, listen, at the end of the day, when I look at guys, and some rappers that I ain't going to mention, that talk about gangsta, talk about street, talk about going to jail, talk about being hard on the street, that remind of Floyd Mayweather. Floyd Mayweather is no tough guy. And Floyd Mayweather can tell you about, and Ellerbe can tell you about when a couple of guys came up in Top Rank's gym and they was taking two to three weeks to scrub blood out of the stains of the carpet that was in there. Where was the gangsta then? See, they know I know." - Bernard Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
          "Hey, listen, at the end of the day, when I look at guys, and some rappers that I ain't going to mention, that talk about gangsta, talk about street, talk about going to jail, talk about being hard on the street, that remind of Floyd Mayweather. Floyd Mayweather is no tough guy. And Floyd Mayweather can tell you about, and Ellerbe can tell you about when a couple of guys came up in Top Rank's gym and they was taking two to three weeks to scrub blood out of the stains of the carpet that was in there. Where was the gangsta then? See, they know I know." - Bernard Hopkins
          Lol damn X went in hard.

Respect.

Comment

So Arum saved Mayweather's and his family's lives? What a weird way he's been showing his gratitude.

Comment

LOL no wonder floyd has not responded to that dude. TMT shook.
              Last edited by TRTboy; 03-15-2013, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I've heard several rumors and variations of this incident. Enough people have spoken about it for one to believe it's credible, but the exact details get a little blurry.

Comment

Dam ...............

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    So Arum saved Mayweather's and his family's lives? What a weird way he's been showing his gratitude.
                    Floyd is the only one who is ungrateful.

Have you ever seen Uncle Roger or Floyd Sr. say a bad word about Bob Arum? Roger has nothing but love for old Bob, so does Floyd, its Floyd Jr who doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X