• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yyyyeeeeaaaaahhh!!!!!!!!!!

I will break the news to my gym!!!

I hate headgear!!!!!

So happy right now!!!!!!

Comment

its 1998 all over again for me with this article wow! me and a college friend where discussing about therapeutic management for head injuries/traumas, sci and the like. we were hovering over this, headgears in olympic/amateur boxing doing more harm than good to the athlete. we didnt dig in enough to come up with an acceptable evidence. although we included it in the project for completing the course we took. hahaha really bring back memories..
      anyway its really good that the progression for boxers health is still moving forward.

Comment

Last edited by baCCaT; 03-14-2013, 08:04 PM. Reason: double post...............................

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
          And it's going to be three 3 minute rounds. My buddy is fighting tomorrow with no head gear and 3 3's for his AM fight. I'm fighting this April with these rules.
          Amateurs been fighting past few years at 3x3.......

Comment

Hmmm im not convinced, the reasoning and data is rather suspect

Comment

lol this does not sound right... I don't think it's a good idea but I guess we will find out lol

Comment

when i sparred the freaking headgear didn't let me see for ****.

Comment

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post
                  when i sparred the freaking headgear didn't let me see for ****.
                  me too. I have a big head (23 and 3/4 inch circumference!) and I feel so uncomfortable with headgear on, can't see hooks coming and have to lift my chin up so I can see taller targets (pretty much everyone since I only spar CW's and HW's). The one time I was allowed to spar without headgear, it was much easier to bob and weave without getting hit and my head movement felt more "natural" without it. Hope we now have the option at training.

Comment

Olympic boxing didn't have headgear until 1984 I think. This is just a return to the old school ways and I bet the amateurs will now change for the better.

Comment

In boxing, there also is the belief that headgear
                      makes it harder to see to the side to avoid blows
                      Exactly this. When I boxed, I would tell the guy i'm boxing he could wear headgear but i'm good, I don't want to wear one. They thought I was tough and sh-t, little did they know it was because of this, it made it harder for me to avoid shots with headgear on because it blocked my side views

Comment

Working...
                      X