No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trout Says Canelo Won't Enjoy Weight Edge This Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
    Trout is just a club fighter. He was fortunate to get the Cotto when Cotto was clearly on the downside of his career.

People talk about Canelo fighting bums, Trout had fought nothing but nobodies.
    Still, Delvin Rodriguez and that Cotto are tougher than anything Canelo has faced. I would compare it to baseball, Trout is a very solid MLB and Canelo is a superstar AA player right now. Canelo can definetly make the job, but it still needs to be proven.

Comment

Trout is a very good very tricky fighter,he does have weaknesses but hed beat most of the top 10 in that wt class if canelo beats trout nobody can shiaat about him being a hypejob!

Comment

who has Canelo beat that people are so ready to see a breakout performance? Whenever i think of him, i just remember a lightweight buzzing him, and Alfonso Gomez landing at will. Mosley? yea....um to win a fight, you must THROW punches, not just shake uncontrollably. I don't hate Canelo, I just can't fall into the hype, not yet, not this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Javii86 View Post
          Still, Delvin Rodriguez and that Cotto are tougher than anything Canelo has faced. I would compare it to baseball, Trout is a very solid MLB and Canelo is a superstar AA player right now. Canelo can definetly make the job, but it still needs to be proven.

delvin rodriguez was never a 154 lber until the wolak fights. wolak was entertaining, but he was very limited, and at the end of his career. rodriguez was a welterweight and junior welterweight for much of his career.

now, i like delvin rodriguez, and i do think he's a step above cintron and gomez, but the fact remains that neither trout nor canelo had anything better than decent wins until trout fought cotto. trout got his belt from canelo alvarez brother . you can buy those belts at the store.

trout and alvarez are both largely unproven. obviouisly miguel cotto has tested trout some, and trout's got the much better resume on those grounds, but miguel cotto is also smaller man, and past his prime. he did his best work at 140 and 147 lbs, and he's only at 154 [where he looks soft,] because he's not as dedicated to boxing as he used to be.

i think both guys are very solid fighters. each will present the first world class, natural 154 lber in his prime that either has seen.

alvarez on points. trout will really ahve to be convincing to get a decision, and i can't see him getting a stoppage. he's not a massive puncher, and that's just not how he fights. his southpaw stance and his movement will give alvarez some problems early, but expect him to land the eye catching stuff that will win the middle and and later portion of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
            I think Trout will not be able to keep Canelo off of him. Who has Trout beat that was any good. And don't say Cotto because Cotto is shot.
            And who has Canelo beat to have people think he's some kind of world beater?
            Beat a bunch of WW's and now he's some destroyer of worlds

Comment

Originally posted by mexicanfan510 View Post
              that's not getting jobbed. That's Berto getting his ass kicked.
              True statement.

Comment

I respect Trout's technical- "sneak in/back up and outpoint you" style - But Canelo, while he hasnt taken on Top fighters, his intellect and possum-like abilities/confidence - combined with his power and punching angles I believe will lead to a Trout KO. Kind of how Chemito lost to Mares but not as sloppy-like...and by KO. I think Canelo is really ready to shine here

Comment

trout is a lot more than a club fighter...he's a subtle type of top fighter...kind of ho vernon forest was imo -RIP

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    And who has Canelo beat to have people think he's some kind of world beater?
                    Beat a bunch of WW's and now he's some destroyer of worlds
                    Don't think it's who he's beat, I'm beginning to see it like who isn't trying to fight the kid! Everybody looked at Jr like a meal ticket. They called him out and wanted to fight him. They saw money and a easy win! Tho Golden Boy has carefully selected Canelos opponents I don't see TOP guys calling him out hot and heavy in the press! You have guys like Kirkland and Angulo that say Yeah I'd love to fight him. And I'm sure they would. But lets be real, they'd fight you right now for little or nothing, they just want to get back in the ring. Amd thats not a knock on them. they are old school, tough guy fighters. theyd fight a Klitscho for he right money. we know Canelo is a good pay day right now so yiu would expect top guys to want his scalp on the wall. but I have not read or heard anyone say he is an easy out. That's says something about the kids talent! I think Trout is a really good fighter so if Canelo does win, it will prove he's the goods.

Comment

Riight.

Why talk about size advantage when you never use it and prefer to run? Hit, run, hold, break (thanks ref), hit, run, hold... rinse and repeat. What a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X