Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better ring IQ - Executioner, Money or Dinamita?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
    The only guy I have seen beat B-Hop in his prime was Roy.

The problem with a Floyd fan using losses or that Loss is that Roy would embarrass Floyd if they were the same size and both in there prime.

So an 8 rounds to 4 loss to Roy isn't bad when Roy would probably win 11 rounds to 1 against Floyd if not sweep his @ss or possibly KO him.
    I wouldnt be surprised if Roy stopped Floyd.

Comment

Floyd has the highest ring IQ outta these guys. Then Hopkins, then JMM. I don't think people realize how Floyd was raised and how long he has been in boxing gyms. He was born into a family of professional fighters, his Dad a defensive expert, Roger a world champion and a master of the right hand and aggression and Jeff with a great defense, movement and jab. He was learning from these guys the day he was born, he was in gyms watching and sparring and learning from guys like Sweet P. You can see his ring IQ in the way he doesn't fight every fight the same and he sets traps and adjusts etc.
      Hopkins is second, he has been pro for 25 years and has a wealth of experience. He can outsmart almost anyone but he fights almost the same each time and doesn't adjust much. Case in point the Taylor fights, over 2 fights he still couldn't figure out a way to win.
      Then on this list JMM is next but really Ward should be on the list but anyway JMM is smart but he also relies a lot on toughness and power. When he came into contact with someone who was bigger and faster (Floyd) he just looked stumped, he didn't try anything different in the whole fight, he just ran out of ideas... When Floyd came up against bigger or faster guys he adjusted (Judah, Hoya, etc).

Comment

Like I said its a wash between Mayweather and Hopkins two of the smartest fighters to ever lace them up. I cant believe I see posts using Floyds athletic ability against him. Hes a ****ing computer in the ring.

Marquez shouldn't even be mentioned with the 2 to be honest.

Comment

Pitting these three great champions against each other is moronic. Each has had a distinguished career and that should be all that matters. I've never thought that there was ever a greatest, maybe some need someone/something to worship but the sport is always changing and growing. There will be new champions with equal claims on "greatness," but that's life and life is not static......

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            You're almost certainly right that p4p, h2h Mayweather would beat Hopkins prime for prime. That's not because his ring IQ is superior though, that's because Mayweather is a much more naturally gifted fighter than Hopkins ever was.
            As others have said, Floyd's physical gifts do not exclude him from a conversation of ring savvy.

I feel like Floyd adjusts better than anyone in the game. He knows when to shoulder roll, high guard, shell up, walk an opponent down, or give ground. He also knows how to be first and is one of, if not the best counterpunchers in the game. He's very very tactical in there and that's what wins him fights nowadays, not just athleticism. I also feel like he has the kind of style that can keep him relevant in boxing for just as long as Bhop has been. Floyd still edges Bhop in ring IQ, to me, because of his versatility.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
              Floyd has the highest ring IQ outta these guys. Then Hopkins, then JMM. I don't think people realize how Floyd was raised and how long he has been in boxing gyms. He was born into a family of professional fighters, his Dad a defensive expert, Roger a world champion and a master of the right hand and aggression and Jeff with a great defense, movement and jab. He was learning from these guys the day he was born, he was in gyms watching and sparring and learning from guys like Sweet P. You can see his ring IQ in the way he doesn't fight every fight the same and he sets traps and adjusts etc.
              Hopkins is second, he has been pro for 25 years and has a wealth of experience. He can outsmart almost anyone but he fights almost the same each time and doesn't adjust much. Case in point the Taylor fights, over 2 fights he still couldn't figure out a way to win.
              Then on this list JMM is next but really Ward should be on the list but anyway JMM is smart but he also relies a lot on toughness and power. When he came into contact with someone who was bigger and faster (Floyd) he just looked stumped, he didn't try anything different in the whole fight, he just ran out of ideas... When Floyd came up against bigger or faster guys he adjusted (Judah, Hoya, etc).
              Floyd is the most naturally talented, he doens't have the highest ring IQ, big difference.

I think Hopkins has by far the highest ring IQ because he's 48 and still doing it at a championship level. He is doing that with his IQ, experience and understanding of what rhythm he needs to be fighting at.

JMM is second because he's also 40 now and he has had to overcome fighters who are better athletes than him.

Floyd is very smart as well in the ring, but he's also had the athletic and physical advantage through his career. He's yet to have to deal with that disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
                How can people not say Floyd?
                Simple because they've seen B-Hop fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  As others have said, Floyd's physical gifts do not exclude him from a conversation of ring savvy.

I feel like Floyd adjusts better than anyone in the game. He knows when to shoulder roll, high guard, shell up, walk an opponent down, or give ground. He also knows how to be first and is one of, if not the best counterpunchers in the game. He's very very tactical in there and that's what wins him fights nowadays, not just athleticism. I also feel like he has the kind of style that can keep him relevant in boxing for just as long as Bhop has been. Floyd still edges Bhop in ring IQ, to me, because of his versatility.
                  I'm not going to argue that you're wrong, because they are two incredibly intelligent fighters. Mayweather may be smarter, no reason to get made about someone saying otherwise.

But just from a h2h standpoint, when you have two guys with similar skill and intelligence, the one with the superior natural ability will almost always win. So Mayweather hypothetically beating Hopkins doesn't mean he's smarter, he would win because he has more talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Floyd is the most naturally talented, he doens't have the highest ring IQ, big difference.

I think Hopkins has by far the highest ring IQ because he's 48 and still doing it at a championship level. He is doing that with his IQ, experience and understanding of what rhythm he needs to be fighting at.

JMM is second because he's also 40 now and he has had to overcome fighters who are better athletes than him.

Floyd is very smart as well in the ring, but he's also had the athletic and physical advantage through his career. He's yet to have to deal with that disadvantage.
                    That is the biggest fail of a post ever. I had already said in my first post that Floyd learned boxing from a young age from world class fighters... that has nothing to do with natural athleticism. I then said he displays this by showing his ability to adjust once he is losing a fight (Judah, Mosley), his ability to set traps (The hook that KO Hatton) and how he fights each fight differently (Cotto compared to Corales). I then gave an example of how B-Hop does not perhaps possess the same level of IQ in the way that after 2 fights he could not figure out Taylor... also note how he has to resort to illegal tactics to buy time when he is hurt instead of using boxing IQ to bide his time. I also noted that JMM relies on toughness in toe to toe exchanges sometimes rather than savvy and is in a lot of wars whereas if his IQ was as high as Floyds or Hopkins he would be able to stay off the canvas and out of trouble.
                    Now instead of giving me examples to prove your point or show any evidence to support what you are saying, you have instead just said Floyd has natural abilities??? a) No! abilities are learned not given to you, I think you mean athleticism, yes he has natural athleticism but that does not negate his ring IQ, the way he adjusts etc. b) show me evidence and examples to support your claim that Hop and JMM have superior IQ to Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
                      That is the biggest fail of a post ever. I had already said in my first post that Floyd learned boxing from a young age from world class fighters... that has nothing to do with natural athleticism. I then said he displays this by showing his ability to adjust once he is losing a fight (Judah, Mosley), his ability to set traps (The hook that KO Hatton) and how he fights each fight differently (Cotto compared to Corales). I then gave an example of how B-Hop does not perhaps possess the same level of IQ in the way that after 2 fights he could not figure out Taylor... also note how he has to resort to illegal tactics to buy time when he is hurt instead of using boxing IQ to bide his time. I also noted that JMM relies on toughness in toe to toe exchanges sometimes rather than savvy and is in a lot of wars whereas if his IQ was as high as Floyds or Hopkins he would be able to stay off the canvas and out of trouble.
                      Now instead of giving me examples to prove your point or show any evidence to support what you are saying, you have instead just said Floyd has natural abilities??? a) No! abilities are learned not given to you, I think you mean athleticism, yes he has natural athleticism but that does not negate his ring IQ, the way he adjusts etc. b) show me evidence and examples to support your claim that Hop and JMM have superior IQ to Floyd.
                      First off, relax. My post in no way discredits Floyd in anyway, he's a great fighter, better than JMM all time and him and B-Hop are close in the all time rankings.

The question was, who has the better iq, which I answered. I never said Floyd has no IQ, or that he's an idiot that just depends on athleticism, I just think JMM and B-hop possess more because they aren't as naturally talented as Floyd.

Also, when I said natural talent and you corrected me with the word Athlete, it's semantics man, calm the fuk down.

Athletics, natural talent, I meant the same thing. I didn't say skill, which is clearly different.

JMM and B-hop to have done this for so long, with a less natural athleticism, ability whatever you want to call it, is proof for me. JMM knocking out Pac and B-Hop winning a world title at 48 says enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X