Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Would Consider Facing Bernard Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously, Ward has much more to prove than Hopkins does.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
      Hopkins vs Ward on PPV??? Hopkins would do it. Thats all this is about. Passing Ward the torch,possibly setting him up as a PPV star and making alot of money in the process.
      His only other options for a PPV event in and around his weight class are Hopkins, Chavez Jr. and maybe Martinez.

If that's where he wants to be a PPV fighter one of those 3 fights needs to get done.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        ward realized saturday night that he could beat Bhop . bhop is the biggest payday he could get other than chavez or martinez and I don't think either is going to 168 to fight him.

on paper it reads as a horrible TV fight. lets hope the fight is more exciting than the cloud fight if they dod decide to get in the ring.
        Ward didn't realize Saturday that he could beat B-Hop. Anyone with any sense has known that for some time already.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          His only other options for a PPV event in and around his weight class are Hopkins, Chavez Jr. and maybe Martinez.

If that's where he wants to be a PPV fighter one of those 3 fights needs to get done.
          Ward should fight Chavez, who would probably weigh in more then him lol. I would want to see him fight Martinez but I don't think Martinez could effectively go up at his age

Comment

I'm disappointed in hearing Ward talk about the next step is being on PPV. The reality is Ward is not a PPV attraction. Ward vs Hopkins would tank on PPV.

Comment

Hopkins would get schooled at this point in his career

I honestly think Ward is possibly the worst fight B-Hop could take right now

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Ward didn't realize Saturday that he could beat B-Hop. Anyone with any sense has known that for some time already.
                bhop is greater than floyd. deal with it. you are not in the mood to debate me today.

you are right. ward gets a nice payday and a title for what I think will be a dominant win.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  Ward should fight Chavez, who would probably weigh in more then him lol. I would want to see him fight Martinez but I don't think Martinez could effectively go up at his age
                  It's a fight he wants. Before the Martinez fight he mentioned that he was hoping Chavez Jr. would win because he is more likely to be able to move up and it would be a big money fight for him.

Ward better hope Jr. gets his act together and puts together a string of wins. It's his only hope at headlining a PPV that I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    bhop is greater than floyd. deal with it. you are not in the mood to debate me today.

you are right. ward gets a nice payday and a title for what I think will be a dominant win.
                    That was this morning, besides....................how can you debate something that we both agree upon??

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      I'm disappointed in hearing Ward talk about the next step is being on PPV. The reality is Ward is not a PPV attraction. Ward vs Hopkins would tank on PPV.
                      Why would you be disappointed? If anyone deserves a PPV payday its Ward.

Its the next logical step for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X