Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather: Numbers don't lie... He's nothing but 44. (new FH interview)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
    Floyd helped Canelo become a star in the U.S by having him on his PPV undercards.Before Floyd had him on his undercards Canleo was`nt even well known in the U.S..Before he fought on FLoyd`s undercards Canelo mostly fough his fights in Mexico.Nobody payed for Floyd`s PPV`s to see Canelo fight Cotto`s brother or Alphonso Gomez or a shot Mosley.
    ^^^^^ This. I didn't know who Canelo even was until I saw him on the Mayweather-Marquez undercard. He should be thankful Floyd was willing to have him on his PPVs. Think about how big Donaire could have been if Manny would have put him on his undercards! Young buck better be thankful.

Comment

He's right. Canelo can't be giving him ultimatums. The guy hasn't even proven that he can carry his own PPV yet for ****'s sake.

Comment

I think Floyd's waiting to push that fight till May 2014. I think Canelo lands the Sept PPV against (maybe Cotto) and Floyd will fight (presumably) the winner.

I'm still not buying that Floyd will fight in May, then hop into a September fight.

Comment

Like I have been saying all along this is a work~

Floyd is sounding angry because they are trying to create bad blood between Canelo and Floyd where none has any reason to exist currently.

You take this to the next level and Floyd obviously won't fight Canelo in September even if it gets talked about (which it will) because that fight not coming off would make the fight bigger in May because dudes are already on the Floyd will duck Canelo bandwagon so that opinion will gain strength when they don't fight "again" even though it was never intended.

Now that is a pretty elaborate plan, especially for boxing but that would be what GBP wants both guys to win their fights, Canelo gets to fight again in September raise his name further preferably making it look like Floyd ducked the fight. Floyd can then either fight after September or chill out until May for the big paycheck. The plan really hinges on Canelo getting by Trout (and Floyd not getting real old against Guerrero), if that goes down then their plan is money because Canelo will fight a name in September but not one that would be a tougher challenge than Trout.

Comment

Damn, Floyd went in

"You know, tell him [Canelo] to do his own pay-per-view show if he's such a big name. Let's see if he's going to do his own pay-per-view show. I bet he don't. Man, his red-head, freckle-faced ass better just sit back and wait in line. If I feel like choosing him, I'll choose him. If you get a lottery ticket, then you step up to the plate and you get your payday. Right now, Guerrero has his lottery ticket."

Comment

That's exactly what I said, put Canelo-Trout on PPV to see what it does. The majority of people were saying they were going to buy Ma-Guerrero because of Canelo-Trout, so now let's see how many people buy Canelo-Trout when it is its own main event. We won't get to see that because fortunately for us, Canelo-Trout will be televised.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                I think Floyd's waiting to push that fight till May 2014. I think Canelo lands the Sept PPV against (maybe Cotto) and Floyd will fight (presumably) the winner.

I'm still not buying that Floyd will fight in May, then hop into a September fight.
                I think he definitely will. He wants alot of that Showtime money and he's got his dad & uncle together. Both of those guys talk non stop about Floyd having to be more active e****ally while he's older. I think Floyd will be more active now

Comment

How did Guerrero get his lottery ticket and what does that suggest about Floyds opponent choices? So floyd owns the lottery and get to pick who wins? Not a sharp comment from him at all. Some of it was funny, a lot of it was pretty stupid.

Comment

Floyd boys laughing at what he said about Canelo but if someone says something about Floyd and we laugh "We haters".

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      That's exactly what I said, put Canelo-Trout on PPV to see what it does. The majority of people were saying they were going to buy Ma-Guerrero because of Canelo-Trout, so now let's see how many people buy Canelo-Trout when it is its own main event. We won't get to see that because fortunately for us, Canelo-Trout will be televised.
                      good post. GBP would be stupid to have canelo trout as his 1st big ppv. Your 1st big ppv is either the top dogs or a fight with a known entity where you will look spectacular in winning to create interest in your next fight.

Unless Canelo is getting floyd or martinez his 1st ppv should be cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X