Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Floyd left HBO for other reasons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care WHY he bounced on them clowns...I'm just happy he did...before dude enters the ring...during his ring walk...before Michael Buffer introduces him...before the ref instructions...before the first punch is thrown and landed....they're ALREADY at his throat...smh....sick ****!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
      We all know that Floyd wears his emotions on his sleeves.

Why would Floyd wanna be with HBO? A network that did not even respect him, they had Merchant disrespecting him MULTIPLE times, Kellerman at one point calling him a duck, Larry Merchant not giving Floyd any credit for OST just all to Nonito.

Who in there right mind would want to support a network and be affiliated with a network that wants to tear them down?? And that goes for any boxer.
      I think this is true. Floyd probably didn't like the way HBO treated him, ecspecially Larry Merchant. I think Floyd brings alot of this stuff on himself though by the way he acts.

Comment

It's hard to say. I don't know about all of that. I know there were some issues with Merchant and this and that, but I don't believe HBO was trying to destroy him. That's just stupid. Showtime offered him a chitload of money.

Comment

Seems like gloden boy is moving to showtime and top rank is staying "loyal" with HBO.... I think the rift starts there.

Comment

I doubt that's why he left hbo. It's Prbly just the fact that hbo's offer wasn't high enough and sho's was so he went there plus he gets his name relavent again.

Comment

i dont think its a floyd thing.... i think its more of an HBO losing its grip to Showtime thing.... floyd is only the LATEST fighter to jump ship. canelo, cotto, pac, etc ALL did work with Showtime and it seems to be the trend. personally, i prefer HBO. their presentation and cinematics are just superior.... as cliche and played out 24/7 has become, it still creatively spanks showtimes attempts at the same thing, imo.

part of me thinks al haymon is trying to maximize floyds paydays before his retirement.... im guessing HBO assumed they had floyd in their pocket, and just didnt offer mayweather enough.... i mean, i assume they COULDVE counter-offered... but they just let floyd leave. if they REALLY wanted to keep floyd, they COULDVE.

HBO must feel confident in their current crop of potential names.

Comment

larry is even retired LOL

Comment

floyd left because showtime guaranteed a m inimum for the guerrero fight where HBO didn't. So if the fight does nothing-floyd gets paid. On HBO if this fight didnt sell floyd would'nt be getting **** from HBO.

Comment

so ure saying hbo was suppose to kiss his ass and never give him any critisim when the pac fight wasent happening?

Comment

Floyd left cause he doesn't want HBO forcing him to fight tough fights... Floyd just wants easy pay days from here on out.

Comment

Working...
                      X