Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's clear that since Pacquiao got KO'd Jim Lampley hasn't been the same.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's clear that since Pacquiao got KO'd Jim Lampley hasn't been the same.

Jim is usually smiling and happy when he does the fights, I think he is pretty bummed out at this point since Floyd left HBO and Pacquiao got knocked out cold. It must really be rough on him especially the Pacquiao KO since Lampley was riding Pacmans wagon since the first day he saw him in 2001 or something like that. Lampley even went as far as to hint that JMM wasn't natural after the Pac fight, and kept bringing up Nonito Donaires year round testing.

Looks like HBO doesn't have the same zest, who can fill the void to bring excitement back to the channel. I actually will miss Manny Pacquiao he was sort of that good guy who fought hard and his style was appealing to people from all walks of life especially those people who were not born into a silver spoon family and had to come from the dirt to the top.

There are plenty of villains and its easy to be the bad guy, but its hard to get a guy like Pacman who can grab the fans without even talking crap and have people love him for his style of fighting.

Who can replace Pacman right now? No wonder people say Pac is one of a kind, I don't see anyone filling his shoes right now. I see guys like Broner filling Floyd's shoes, but who is the universal good guy warrior that can replace Pacman?

to me Lucas Mattysse is the closest thing seems pretty humble, came from a poor area, and always fights hard, but he doesn't speak English.

He doesn't even call out the one-sided combos anymore.

Left hook, bang.

Right hand, bang.

Comment

I don't think any *******s the same after that

Comment

Incorrect, he hasnt been the same since Pac stopped Barrera

Comment

War show time.

Comment

Gennady Golovkin is the new good guy warrior

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              War show time.
              hahaha.
              But maybe Andre Ward? Unless you mean around welterweight seems like they might start to push Bradley who ironically "Beat" Pacquiao.
              Hopefully they Pick a guy that speaks fluent english because it's hard as **** to understand alot of their "stars". It seems like all the fighters I like fight on showtime now other then Martinez and a few others

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Gennady Golovkin is the new good guy warrior
                I forgot about GGG, yes he has the potential even has the boyish smile and looks like he couldn't hurt a fly but is a beast in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  Jim is usually smiling and happy when he does the fights, I think he is pretty bummed out at this point since Floyd left HBO and Pacquiao got knocked out cold. It must really be rough on him especially the Pacquiao KO since Lampley was riding Pacmans wagon since the first day he saw him in 2001 or something like that. Lampley even went as far as to hint that JMM wasn't natural after the Pac fight, and kept bringing up Nonito Donaires year round testing.
                  well if thats true and he really is bias then howcome Jim Lampley was choking up and almost crying after the Marquez fight? he was ready to start sobbing when he said "after tonight... theyll recognize juan MANUEL MARQUEZ"

Comment

Lampley is horrible regardless, I didn't even bother watching his bum ass show.

Comment

Working...
                    X