Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Makes History Again, Beats Cloud For IBF Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now there is no dispute on him being an all time great like some of you claim. Some of you always doubted b-hop claiming he picks on smaller fighters and this and that. He is past his prime out mastering these youngins!! Like the telecast said. A fighter like b-hop only comes once every 50 years that turns back time. First it was archie moore, now we have b-hop! No matter what you say, i want you to be 48 years old and take on a prime 30 year old boxer and tell me how you do.

Comment

• The same people that picked Cloud against Hopkins are the same people picking Guerrero against Mayweather. Hopkins is a ATG for what he did against De la Hoya, Trinidad, Pavlik, Tarver, Jones, Pascal, and on and on... Even though it will go down in the record books as losses, Calzaghe and Taylor were fights you could have easily scored for Hopkins.

Comment

• Still amazing to me I mean the guy is 48

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
          The same people that picked Cloud against Hopkins are the same people picking Guerrero against Mayweather.
          No, i dont. Guerrero is easy work for Mayweather. But i was letting myself get fooled once again about Hopkins age. He really is something special. And there is still no end in sight, he wants to continue for another years, even though it would be a great moment to retire after this clear win beating his own record as oldest champion. Hopkins deserves lots of respect thats for shure and he was not even that dirty this time.

Comment

• NO...The Same People Picking Hopkins Are Picking Guerrero To KO Junior Mayweather

Vegas odds makers picked Cloud over Hopkins. ON HBO's text-poll, over 60% of Boxing fans chose Hopkins over Cloud. That same majority will choose Guerrero over Mayweather, and Guerrero is bringing a KO of Junior Mayweather to the fight. So go follow those Vegas bookings, load your bets on Guerrero, and enjoy going to the bank the same way Junior enjoys going. There is NO WAY Junior Mayweather escapes a win over Guerrero.

Hopkins looked outstanding tonight, the best fighting shape in a while. He closed out Cloud, he closed out Don King and put it on King in the ring following, "You're done. You have no champion. You gotta have that... you gotta have that!" And rightfully so, for all the years King has been manipulating and stealing money from fighters. Hopkins has outlasted them all, winning in the end. A TRUE WARRIOR, LEGENDARY. He's credible. He fought them all. UNLIKE the direction of Mayweather, Broner, Bradley. Hopkins wanted to be legendary, an all time great, fighting the best of the best, in their primes and beyond... just like Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Arguello, Chavez Sr., Oscar, Mosley, and Pacquiao... they let money take care of itself. Mayweather, Broner, and Bradley never had the ballz, and just to clarify Bradley's comments to Jim Lampley tonight, when he claims he watched his fight with Manny, and believes he won 8 rounds, and Manny won only 4..... delusional... Bradley needs to be drug tested if he truly believes that. The entire Boxing world GLOBALLY saw Bradley MAY have won 3 rounds total... get over it Bradley. Before Pac, you wouldn't fight Morales, Maidana, or Amir Khan who all called you out, and you wanted nothing to do with them. This time around, you could have had Marquez, Maidana, Gamboa, Matthysse, and you chose a no-name Russian, you puzzy. No character whatsoever.

Comment

• NO...The Same People Picking Hopkins Are Picking Guerrero To KO Junior Mayweather

Vegas odds makers picked Cloud over Hopkins. ON HBO's text-poll, over 60% of Boxing fans chose Hopkins over Cloud. That same majority will choose Guerrero over Mayweather, and Guerrero is bringing a KO of Junior Mayweather to the fight. So go follow those Vegas bookings, load your bets on Guerrero, and enjoy going to the bank the same way Junior enjoys going. There is NO WAY Junior Mayweather escapes a win over Guerrero.

Hopkins looked outstanding tonight, the best fighting shape in a while. He closed out Cloud, he closed out Don King and put it on King in the ring following, "You're done. You have no champion. You gotta have that... you gotta have that!" And rightfully so, for all the years King has been manipulating and stealing money from fighters. Hopkins has outlasted them all, winning in the end. A TRUE WARRIOR, LEGENDARY. He's credible. He fought them all. UNLIKE the direction of Mayweather, Broner, Bradley. Hopkins wanted to be legendary, an all time great, fighting the best of the best, in their primes and beyond... just like Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Arguello, Chavez Sr., Oscar, Mosley, and Pacquiao... they let money take care of itself. Mayweather, Broner, and Bradley never had the ballz, and just to clarify Bradley's comments to Jim Lampley tonight, when he claims he watched his fight with Manny, and believes he won 8 rounds, and Manny won only 4..... delusional... Bradley needs to be drug tested if he truly believes that. The entire Boxing world GLOBALLY saw Bradley MAY have won 3 rounds total... get over it Bradley. Before Pac, you wouldn't fight Morales, Maidana, or Amir Khan who all called you out, and you wanted nothing to do with them. This time around, you could have had Marquez, Maidana, Gamboa, Matthysse, Garcia, Rios, and you chose a no-name Russian, you puzzy. No character whatsoever.

Comment

• The greatest fighter of this era, IMO.

Comment

• BHOP - a true ATG. This guy will be talked about for years to come.

Comment

• Awesome not only is he 48 but he is still fighting young guys and going 12 rounds with them.

Hats off to the master

Comment

• wow what an thlete well done Hopkins truly one of the greats and those of you who have ago at me when I highlight Joe Calzaghe's win over Hopkins people saying he is old this man must go down in the Hall Of Fame as one of the greatest.

Comment

Working...
                      X