• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout decisions Alvarez

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      What demands?

Its my understanding that the agreement between both fighters were that Canelo fight on Floyd's undercard and if both fighters are successful they would face off in Sept.

What's so ridiculous about that?
      I think it very ridiculous. So let's say Canelo gets dominated clearly but gets a robbery decision? People will really want money to fight trout but he will be obligated to fight Canelo because of the official victory. That in turn could compromise ppv sales which messes up the money. U gotta look at is as business to understand it.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
        Not saying they didn't say that. But BushBaby stated they were specifically using the Floyd demand to duck Trout and that Canelo would never get in the ring with him. He got all that from Shaefer saying they might not fight Trout right away?
        Maybe Trout's people told them they wanted to stay on the undercard without Canelo until they negotiated the April 20th bout.
        We don't know but BushBaby jumping to that conclusion based on one comment was just plain ******. Fact.
        Wow, ok. So I repeat facts spoken by canelo & his team. The canelo fans ignore the fact that I repeated what they said. Then a canelo fans goes on record to say that Maybe it was Trout who did this & that, but I'm the 1 jumping to conclusions?? Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo
          Quote:

Originally Posted by thatdudespits

Canelo will spend most of this fight looking for openings... and it seems like well be seeing the timid version of Canelo... looking for openings as Trout pumps his 50 jabs per round in Canelos grill... and he will be landing because canelo doesnt move that head of his.... i just cant see Canelo winning this fight.... everytime i think about this fight the outcome becomes clearer. Trout Ud

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

I certainly agree with that, Canelo is going to have to force the action more than he has had to recently. He is still a young fighter, who says he can't adopt a more aggressive style for this fight.
          Maybe he does and gets a win, or maybe Trout is the real deal and dominates him. Can't really tell, but nothing he did in the Cotto fight told me he was unbeatable at all. Just a really good fighter that can get beat by another really good fighter with the right gameplan, which is what Canelo is.
          i dont think the he looked unbeatable in the cotto fight either... it was a 7-5 kind of fight... heres my thing...

I dont believe Miguel Cotto is a shot fighter... saying that... in my opinion Miguel Cotto is a much more versitile fighter than Saul Alvarez...

Cotto gave Trout problems that I dont believe Canelo can.... Canelo fights straight up, doesnt move his head and is not particularly good defensively... Cotto on the other hand fights low and is significantly better defensively...

Canelo hasnt displayed blazing footspeed in any of his fights... i think Trout will have a HUGE advantage in footspeed in this fight.... this will allow him to dictate the pace of this fight... it will allow him to pick and choose when they fight... Cotto on the other hand has above average footspeed... he was able to catch trout backing up at some points...

Trout is light years better defensively then Canelo.... he was able to smother cotto's work on the inside... he will do the same to Canelo who has never displayed a great inside game anyway... he does his best work from mid range throwing combinations... the mid range should belong to Trout in this fight...

I also expect trout to have the handspeed advantage...

also canelo doesnt fight for the full 3mins of every round... Trout does.

Canelo will have to fight out of his own skin in this fight to win...with the skillset he has displayed so far i dont think he can win this fight...if he does i will be impressed

styles make fights and the style matchup favors trout

Comment

• Originally posted by thatdudespits
            Quote:

Originally Posted by QballLobo

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatdudespits

Canelo will spend most of this fight looking for openings... and it seems like well be seeing the timid version of Canelo... looking for openings as Trout pumps his 50 jabs per round in Canelos grill... and he will be landing because canelo doesnt move that head of his.... i just cant see Canelo winning this fight.... everytime i think about this fight the outcome becomes clearer. Trout Ud

I certainly agree with that, Canelo is going to have to force the action more than he has had to recently. He is still a young fighter, who says he can't adopt a more aggressive style for this fight.
            Maybe he does and gets a win, or maybe Trout is the real deal and dominates him. Can't really tell, but nothing he did in the Cotto fight told me he was unbeatable at all. Just a really good fighter that can get beat by another really good fighter with the right gameplan, which is what Canelo is.

i dont think the he looked unbeatable in the cotto fight either... it was a 7-5 kind of fight... heres my thing...

I dont believe Miguel Cotto is a shot fighter... saying that... in my opinion Miguel Cotto is a much more versitile fighter than Saul Alvarez...

Cotto gave Trout problems that I dont believe Canelo can.... Canelo fights straight up, doesnt move his head and is not particularly good defensively... Cotto on the other hand fights low and is significantly better defensively...

Canelo hasnt displayed blazing footspeed in any of his fights... i think Trout will have a HUGE advantage in footspeed in this fight.... this will allow him to dictate the pace of this fight... it will allow him to pick and choose when they fight... Cotto on the other hand has above average footspeed... he was able to catch trout backing up at some points...

Trout is light years better defensively then Canelo.... he was able to smother cotto's work on the inside... he will do the same to Canelo who has never displayed a great inside game anyway... he does his best work from mid range throwing combinations... the mid range should belong to Trout in this fight...

I also expect trout to have the handspeed advantage...

also canelo doesnt fight for the full 3mins of every round... Trout does.

Canelo will have to fight out of his own skin in this fight to win...with the skillset he has displayed so far i dont think he can win this fight...if he does i will be impressed

styles make fights and the style matchup favors trout

btw the reason i bring up cotto fighting low... Is because when you fight low like cotto does you force the other fighter to lean forward into which opens him up to hooks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The904star
              Quote:

Originally Posted by Deevel916

What demands?

Its my understanding that the agreement between both fighters were that Canelo fight on Floyd's undercard and if both fighters are successful they would face off in Sept.

What's so ridiculous about that?

I think it very ridiculous. So let's say Canelo gets dominated clearly but gets a robbery decision? People will really want money to fight trout but he will be obligated to fight Canelo because of the official victory. That in turn could compromise ppv sales which messes up the money. U gotta look at is as business to understand it.
              True story

Comment

• Mayweather

You can't expect a convicted wife beater to tell the truth. I wish he would come clean on what happened to him in jail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Wow, ok. So I repeat facts spoken by canelo & his team. The canelo fans ignore the fact that I repeated what they said. Then a canelo fans goes on record to say that Maybe it was Trout who did this & that, but I'm the 1 jumping to conclusions?? Wow.
                  Notice how i said immediately after that "WE DON'T KNOW." The entire point of that post was to point out that everything you said was speculation.
                  No point in arguing further. You can't comprehend basic logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    WBC 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (41-0-1, 30KOs) says the upcoming unification with WBA champion Austin Trout (26-0, 14KOs) "is personal."
                    This is total BS, just yesterday I heard his interview in Spanish and he said nothing of the sort. He said this verbatim, "if him beating my brother is extra motivation then that's great. But I am motivated for every single fight and I train hard for each opponent."

This is typical, media trying to make something out of nothing. SMH.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                      Notice how i said immediately after that "WE DON'T KNOW." The entire point of that post was to point out that everything you said was speculation.
                      No point in arguing further. You can't comprehend basic logic.
                      Nothing I said was speculation. It's a fact that team canelo said they were not gonna fight on the Floyd card & they were probably not gonna fight Trout at all. They said that, that's not speculation. Speculation is having a canelo fan point the finger at Trout like you did & say, "well maybe Trout..........", that's speculation.

Comment

Working...
                      X