No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns-Miguel Vazquez Pushed Back To April 20th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    I'd be very surprised if it was the same time.
    Unless Warren has a time travel machine then it won't be on the same time.

Comment

Looks like HBO vs SHOWTIME on that date! April 20

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
        Didn't you even read the article? lol
        thats exactly what I was gonna say lol

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
          Same day as Canelo-Trout?

The ****.
          Whats that got to do with anything??
          The time differences make it easy to watch both shows

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            My only worry is Boxnation collapsing.

We get like 3 times the fights we would, if not more, with Boxnation.
            I understand your point/concern on that front but it seems as though, and from what I've heard, Boxnation is taking a lot more money out of Warren's pockets than he first thought.

Anything that fails for that slimeball is good news to me.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
              I understand your point/concern on that front but it seems as though, and from what I've heard, Boxnation is taking a lot more money out of Warren's pockets than he first thought.

Anything that fails for that slimeball is good news to me.
              and me!!

BN must be losing money hand over fist. FWP (that has just become W promotions or whatever for what is, i imagine, nefarious reasons) was already in the mire (like its predecessor Sports Network) and I can't imagine queensbury being in much better shape.

groves gone - i heard he demanded money up front so i guess he has left because none has been forthcoming.

burns continually having his chicken choked (and cleverly too) - its a matter of time i reckon. hopefully both men see the folly of their ways and then start to get on with their careers.

only problem is you know the man will resurface again ...he is like voldemort!!
              Last edited by vxrandall; 03-04-2013, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                Same day as Canelo-Trout?

The ****.
                It won't interfere. It will be on in the afternoon in the United States.

Comment

Ricky Burns' camp have hit out at promoter Frank Warren after the cancellation of his unification bout with Miguel Vazquez.

The Coatbridge boxer was due to put his WBO lightweight title on the line against Mexican on March 16 in London, only for Warren to claim the IBF title holder had to withdraw on medical grounds.

Alex Morrison, Burns' manager, says his man has been left significantly out of pocket by the move, the second time in three months he has had a fight cancelled late on.

"We are very unhappy with this latest postponement," Morrison told STV. "Especially after the fight was called off in December [against Jose Ocampo], and now this. This is unacceptable.

"I spoke to Ricky this morning. As you can imagine he's upset.

"He's sacrificed a lot, training and the cost of sparring partners. That's about £12,000 of his own money in training costs he's now down over the last two fights.

"The treatment of him is pretty disrespectful."

Warren says the fight will now go ahead on April 20 at Wembley Arena.

When asked by STV to comment on the proposed rearrangement, Morrison said: "They can say what they want about it. I'm not saying if it is or isn't going to go ahead on that day.

"Let's just say our relationship with Frank Warren is pretty strained."

In a statement on Monday morning, Warren said: "It's very unfortunate that Vazquez has had to withdraw so close to the fight, but it is on medical grounds, which is beyond my control, due to his viral infection, and we have his doctor's certificate confirming this.

"Therefore I have had to postpone the fight, not cancelled as stated in some media reports, to Saturday, April 20 at Wembley Arena.

"Everybody is disappointed by this postponement, but we have worked hard to ensure that Ricky's unification fight still goes ahead."

Burns hasn't fought since successfully defending his WBO belt against Kevin Mitchell in September 2012.

Comment

Well I guess the winner won't be fighting Broner on June 15th

Comment

"Vasquez has a viral infection" lmao...Yea right Warren only idiots believe you.

Comment

Working...
                      X