Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Boxing ever claim another "Baddest man on the planet"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe Manny Pacquiao held this title after his Knockout win over Ricky Hatton people were so in awe of that punch and he still had the title I believe in all of 2009 and after the Cotto win as well.

Comment

I think the 'Baddest man on the planet' title is more about intimidation, attitude and where they come from than it is who would beat who in a street fight.

If a guy in boxing comes up like Tyson did then they will be the BMOTP.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        I think the 'Baddest man on the planet' title is more about intimidation, attitude and where they come from than it is who would beat who in a street fight.

If a guy in boxing comes up like Tyson did then they will be the BMOTP.
        Agreed 100%

Fedor had that aura around him of invincibility so he was BMOTP.Now after the destruction that Cain put on bigfoot silva and junior after being knocked out a year prior reminds me of joe louis and Max Schmeling.

Comment

Not while chuck Norris is alive

Comment

Originally posted by mikinoki View Post
            Tyson was the Baddest man on the planet in the 80's and for last decade fedor emileanenko was the Baddest man on the planet.Now the UFC champion is the Baddest man on the planet because they have the best heavyweight fighter and boxing has only the best heavyweight boxer.

PS:The mith that a boxer can beat and mma fighter in a street fight always makes me laugh
            Majority of street fights are mostly flailing punches. The boxer would almost definitely win if they are both just punching unless the mms guy starts grabbing and tackling and ****. The boxer would win in a fair fight because I don't really consider mma type fights fair for some reason lmao

Comment

Matthysse is the baddest right now

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                Majority of street fights are mostly flailing punches. The boxer would almost definitely win if they are both just punching unless the mms guy starts grabbing and tackling and ****. The boxer would win in a fair fight because I don't really consider mma type fights fair for some reason lmao
                Majority of street fights are mostly flailing punches are the youtube street fights because they are entertaining and thats why guys like kimbo slice became famous.The Gracie clan used to beat the **** out of everybody back in the day so that shows if the guys smart and knows that the other dude is good in his feet but does not have a ground it's only logical to take him to the ground.MMA is more than fair this isn't a John Wayne movie where you let a guy up.The ground game is more tehnical and hard then the striking in my opinion and it's a street fighting to hole point is surviving so by any means necesary.It's quite often lately that you hear on the news that an mma guy or a jiu-jitsu guy stoped a criminal by taking him down and saving the day so ground game is very afective and usufull tool to have.

Comment

The top boxers are better athlete than the mma ditos. Generally speaking.

But there's no doubt that the mma fighter would best the boxer in a street fight. His game is better suited for it.

I don't care who the baddest man on the planet is as they NEVER will fight anyone unless they get paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                    Street fights where people are trained to fight are not just flailing punches.

Thinking there's anything "fair" about street fights are naive.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                      The top boxers are better athlete than the mma ditos. Generally speaking.

But there's no doubt that the mma fighter would best the boxer in a street fight. His game is better suited for it.

I don't care who the baddest man on the planet is as they NEVER will fight anyone unless they get paid for it.
                      What proof do you have that boxers are better athetes than mma fighters?
                      MMA fighters train on several disciplines but boxers train only in one.Most mma fighters come from olympic sports that have no future after they finish their amateur careers.In both sports are great athetes

Comment

Working...
                      X