Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. in Good Spirits, Eyes Return on June 16th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they testing him while he's on this suspension? I heard him asked on SC yesterday, if he were to be tested today, would he pass. He replied absolutely.

Also June 16 is on Sunday. I wonder if that is a typo or are they considering having a fight on Sunday. I think that would be awesome to do prime time fights. Chavez would be a guy the masses would watch, he comes to fight.

Comment

jr continues to ducg GGG

Comment

Chavez has to tell himself things like this. He was dominated for 11 rounds, he had no answers, his corner had no answers, he got in a lucky punch. It's probably how he gets through the days.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
          jr continues to ducg GGG
          If anyone that's Martinez you dumb ass

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
            If Jr can give up the weed, train regularly and stop hanging out and watching youtube with his girlfriend, he'd win a Martinez rematch. Garcia said he really wants to train Jr for another shot at Sergio, because he knows Jr has all the tools to take him out.
            But he needs to cut out late night BBQ's and get a good sleeping pattern going on, so he can make weight a lot sooner and focus more on his fight strategy.

He's still a spoon fed hype-job though.
            Junior would also have to somehow reinvent himself because in reality he really isn't a very good fighter.

Comment

Has Jose Sulaiman dropped his theory that Julio was in the same room as people smoking weed and accidentally inhaled it

One thing that's really strange about the whole situation though is how Chavez Jr ever thought it might be possible for him to smoke weed in the lead up to a fight and get away with it.

The problem with weed is that it's fat soluble, meaning it builds up in your fat tissue and takes ages to clear your system.

Chavez Jr had to know it wasn't going to completely leave his system in a week, there was very little chance of that happening. So why did he have such a casual attitude towards the drug testing? Did his experiences in Texas lead him to believe that the drug test would be 'taken care of'?
              Last edited by Dr Rumack; 03-02-2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

his dumbass probably tried to take detox before the fight lol

Comment

I don't see a rematch being much different. Chavez would get stopped if he tries to attack early, look at the williams rematch. I don't see Chavez winning unless he lands some massive bomb. But Martinez ate Chavez's best shots affter the kd so i Doubt that. I'd rather see Chavez fight someone closer to his size to make things more interesting.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X