Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    Post 13 Ross

Maybe I shouldn't have been so vague the first time
    Yeah, it remains to be seen. Lots of bs going on with boxing now days. Too many fighters with the same promoters and managers too.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
      It will be to guys like you.
      Um, how do you explain it NOT being to guys like you?

"Hey, Ricky Burns, I'll fight you if you win your next fight. Oh, but if you don't, I won't fight the guy that beat you. Hell, I might even still fight you somehow."

Blatant duck, it will be.

Vazquez is awkward and would stink up the joint, and he'd definitely have a shot at beating Broner (not that he'd get the win officially). Broner doesn't want any part of that ****.

As another posted said above, Vazquez makes himself look bad but he makes his opponent look even worse. Nothing sounds less appetizing to Broner and his handlers at this point than having his hype train derailed by somebody who makes him look like ****.
      Last edited by samouraļ; 03-01-2013, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        Not disagreeing with you.....

The way I'm looking at is DeMarco and Rees at 35..... If Burns loses he (Broner) moves up.... So he has those two at 35 and thats it

Lets say for arguments sake Peterson beats Matthhysse..... Broner from whats been said is he wont fight Peterson or Garcia at 140 because of their relationship.... After that whose there??? Granted things can and do change all the time

Just a snapshot into what I'm thinking
        Oh yea, I see what you are saying. I think things will get really interesting when he makes the trip north to 140. Hopefully, if Peterson and/or Garcia are the guys that he has to fight, they can put their relationships on hold to see who the better fighter is. Time will tell, of course.

Comment

So I guess Broner isn't the can-man anymore since Burns is the only one that CAN get it.

Let's see what Broner say's after Vasquez wins every round and beats Burns

Comment

We'll see what happens. People sure think a lot of Vazquez for beating Prescott, Kim, and Gesta....none of which were Top 10 fighters at 135 at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
              he should just say he wants to the winner Burns Vazquez, not just Burns. Its no guarantee that Burns wins
              He wants Burns period! Not Vasquez, eh hehe

Comment

It will be to guys like you.
                Originally posted by streetwaves View Post

"Hey, Ricky Burns, I'll fight you if you win your next fight. Oh, but if you don't, I won't fight the guy that beat you. Hell, I might even still fight you somehow."

Vazquez is awkward and would stink up the joint, and he'd definitely have a shot at beating Broner (not that he'd get the win officially). Broner doesn't want any part of that ****.

As another posted said above, Vazquez makes himself look bad but he makes his opponent look even worse. Nothing sounds less appetizing to Broner and his handlers at this point than having his hype train derailed by somebody who makes him look like ****.
                Thank you, you took care of that for me.

Ross get the d!ck out your mouth and the nuts off your face. Burns or his promoter obviously don't wanna fight Broner for whatever reason (money, etc). So why are they so set on Burns and don't mention Vazquez at all? I mean, who really here thinks Burns can beat Vazquez? Im hoping he does and I want him to but I think chances are very slim. Whether you like it or not whoever wins between Burns and Vazquez that's THE man at 135. Unified champion and fought the #2/#3 guy in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post

Because guys like you overrate guys like Vasquez to dis Broner. Its funny how all the sudden that Broner is talking about moving up to 140 and not talking about fighting Vasquez, that thats where all the demand is being focused at now. Before, all we herd how he should move up to 140, because 135 was such a weak division. Now, Vasquez has all the sudden become such a big threat. lol You guys really need to look at your selves.

Comment

Broner caused this by his big mouth

Broner is the one saying he'll beat everybody, that he's the problem nobody can solve.

fine Vazquez creates a terrible match up style wise and Broner is oddly slient.

Broner's talented but he's just another manufactured "star". a producted of carefully matchmaking and management.

I'm not hating I actually like Broner but I hate when talented guys like Broner never challenge themselves. how can you be great beating guys you are supposed to beat?

Vazquez might be the 1st duck. these days it seems you learn more about a fighter by who they duck instead of who they fight.

Comment

Because guys like you overrate guys like Vasquez to dis Broner. Its funny how all the sudden that Broner is talking about moving up to 140 and not talking about fighting Vasquez, that thats where all the demand is being focused at now. Before, all we herd how he should move up to 140, because 135 was such a weak division. Now, Vasquez has all the sudden become such a big threat. lol You guys really need to look at your selves.
                      this is true, now if he stays at 135 ppl will say hes ducking 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X