Barrera
    Marquez
    Delahoya
    Hatton
    Mosley
    Cotto
    Margarito(beat Sergio)

Who did Sergio beat again....?
    Style wise and boxing skill wise Martinez>Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
      Pac got belted by Sinsigurat and Torrecampo? He can't be much better than Sergio.
      They seem to forget this. Where are those guys now? If that's the case and how they see it. Pacquiao lost 5 times, been KO'd 3 times. Sergio only lost 2 times and been KO'd once 10 years ago while recently Manny got his head knocked off. This is not the way you compare fighters. I'm talking technically and style wise. Not fame wise. Martinez has a more effective style against a variety of fighters.

Comment

When im old n grey and boxing comes up in conversation, well probably talk about mayweather and pacquiao. Even if he did get ktfo. Martinez might get mentioned? What do you reckon

Comment

I like Cotto cause hes always willing to take a challenge but I don't see this being a good fight for him at all he can't compete with Martinez right now even when Cotto was prime Martinez beats him. I don't think I'd watch this if it happens don't wanna see Cotto get beat that bad

Comment

Just because he said he would "consider" it doesnt mean he would fight Martinez or doesnt mean he is a warrior, Pac and Mayweather also said they wouldnt rule out a Martinez fight and no one believe those two. but when Cotto says it = Warrior.

Comment

Cotto fighting Martinez suddenly turn into comparing Martinez to Pac. Same stupid trend in NSB.

Comment

This is a fight for early 2014 if Cotto gets another big win vs someone to restore his reputation. Sergio is crushing Martin Murray in front of 40,000+ rabid Argentine fans who are finally appreciating his greatness in April. Then he gets Chavez II,my second most anticapated fight in 2013,then Cotto in 2014...maybe..but Cotto has to beat someone first to prove himself now. He is an ATG but has lost his last 2 fights.

Comment

Sergio has some great wins over Williams and Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by prtyboybladeage
                    Cotto is a warrior, that dude will always have my respect. Never backs down from any challenge. If the money was right, he would absolutely get in there with Sergio. I think Sergio would wreck his ass, but still, Cotto has balls.
                    I was coming in here to say the same thing. Say what you want about Cotto but you gotta respect his willingness to fight anyone. Even at this point in his career he's still challenging himself. He couldve fought K-9 but instead went for Trout.

Not sure Martinez will get any credit for this fight anymore. A little too late in Cotto's career. Gotta give credit to Cotto win or lose tho.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I wonder if anyone on this site can be objective at all.... look at the facts... Cotto would be sergios toughest test since P.Will...

Facts....

Sergio Martinez is not a GREAT defensive fighter.... his best defense is his foot speed and angles. He can be hit.... he can be hurt...

Cotto has above average foot speed... he moves very well.... and Cotto's defense is MUCH better than appreciated... dont let the scar tissue fool you... Cotto was not getting tagged up in either the Mayweather or Trout fight.... he's not easy to hit.
                      understand at the JMW limit Cotto is a +10 on compubox +- rating.

Sergio is not a combination puncher... 1's and 1,2's all night like he did Chavez is not going to work in this fight... he will need a different gameplan.

I dont know if Cottos power will be relevant in this fight.... as Cotto landed some devistating left hooks on Austin Trout, and Trout was never truly hurt.

I have no question Miguel will be able to catch up with sergio... I think this fight doesnt go the distance... however I think its a great fight... hard to pick a winner

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X