No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Would Not Rule Out Facing Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
    First of all Pac fought Cotto in 09' and it was at an unecessary catchweight...

Second:

It's actually Pavlik (178 pounder; while moving up from 154), Williams (prime), Dzinziruk, Barker, Macklin, Chavez Jr (180-85 pounder)

vs

Clottey, Margarito (shot, coming off a KO loss and 1+ year suspension; embarassing catchweight), Mosley (old, shot (arguably coming off 2 straight losses), Marquez (JMM had to move up; Pac technically LOST both times), Bradley (Tim had to move up from 140; competitive LOSS)

Third, like I said:

Martinez 2010-13 (6-0) 4 KOs > Pacquiao 2010-13 (4-2) 0 KOs

That includes 4 titles in two weight classes with a #1 ranking at 154 and a lineal championship at 160 (w/5 defenses)
    Wait what? How did Pac lose technically 2 times to JMM, then competitively lose to Bradley? You're all over the place, it's hard to follow. Lets talk what have you done for me lately, check out these hard hitting facts,

1. Barker, never top 10 ranked, no top 20 wins
    2. Murray, no top 20 wins
    3. Macklin, decent contender, never won a title. Best win, no idea.
    4. Dzin, never top 10 at middle, ring ranked #9 at JMW. Undefeated but grossly inactive with no standout wins, and no decent wins in 2 1/2 years
    5. Chavez, forever thought of a a joke till his one standout performance in Andy Lee, how's rightfully not top 10

This is a very low standard of comp for a p4per. I can't think of the last Pac (even Floyd) opponent with no decent win. JMM has fought a few duds, even worse than the above, but he keeps squeezing in that Pac fight

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
      No, you're confused again. Pac's last (ridiculous) offer was a 148 CW. Cotto wouldn't budge on going below 150. So Miguel took Floyd's offer at a full 154. End of story.
      http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-pac...-go-154--48943

Cotto will not budge from his position of refusing to fight below 150-pounds. Pacquiao is refusing to fight Cotto above the welterweight limit of 147. However, Mayweather has no problem with fighting Cotto at 150 or above.

"I will not fight below 150 pounds. Mayweather Jr. said he has no problem going up to 154 to fight me. Pacquiao is the one who objected and wants me to once again come down to a weight between 145 and 147 pounds. If Pacquiao had no trouble going up to 150 to fight Margarito, why is there a set requirement for me to go down again? Does he fear me? If Pacquiao wants to fight me again, it must be above 150 pounds. I will not continue to sacrifice my body to lose weight

Are you now dis*****g that Cotto was offered 150?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Pavlik had already been schooled by Hopkins and was never the same after that. Dzinziruk was a 154lb champ moving up. Marquez is an ATG, Martinez has never faced one. Bradley was the #1 guy in his weightclass and an undefeated top 10 P4P fighter and most people agree Pac beat him clearly.

I love how you left out the part about their entire resume not being in the same league.

Pavlik had to move up from 160 to Light Heavyweight (for the first time in his career) when he fought Hopkins (Hopkins regularly weighs 186 pounds at light heavyweight on fight night). It's funny how people just love to overlook that. At middleweight Pavlik was undefeated with a 35-0 (32 KOs) and rehydrated to 178 against Sergio (rehydrated to 167) who was moving up from 154 to challenge the lineal middleweight champion.

Dzinziruk was thrown at Martinez by HBO, even then Sergio was a small middleweigh and Dzinziruk was an undefeated top 154 titleholder.

Bradley was not listed by the RING as a top 10 P4P prior to the Pac fight. Braddley also had to move up from 140 (up 7 pounds) to fight Pacquiao at his ideal weight (both his ankles were also injured during the fight).

Marquez although an ATG was nearly 40 years old and also had to move up in weight to fight Pacquiao. I also don't give Pac any credit for losing to Marquez. I don't see why anyone should.

Comment

No Floyd is a 147 lb fighter.. and Pac is a 135 lb fighter who just don't have any money fights at lower weights and doesn't like to starve himself. In our era only Heavyweights and Pacman has weigh in and fought at the same weight. So don't give me Floyd is a 147 lb kid!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post

Pavlik had to move up from 160 to Light Heavyweight (for the first time in his career) when he fought Hopkins (Hopkins regularly weighs 186 pounds at light heavyweight on fight night). It's funny how people just love to overlook that. At middleweight Pavlik was undefeated with a 35-0 (32 KOs) and rehydrated to 178 against Sergio (rehydrated to 167) who was moving up from 154 to challenge the lineal middleweight champion.

Dzinziruk was thrown at Martinez by HBO, even then Sergio was a small middleweigh and Dzinziruk was an undefeated top 154 titleholder.

Bradley was not listed by the RING as a top 10 P4P prior to the Pac fight. Braddley also had to move up from 140 (up 7 pounds) to fight Pacquiao at his ideal weight (both his ankles were also injured during the fight).

Marquez although an ATG was nearly 40 years old and also had to move up in weight to fight Pacquiao. I also don't give Pac any credit for losing to Marquez. I don't see why anyone should.
            You're trying to push bad facts in every post now, shows desperation. Bradley was very much Ring p4p before Pac. And come one, a p4p loses effectiveness moving up to his 2nd weight, vs opponent in his 7th? Did you know Bradley fought at 152 in the amateurs?

Comment

We were talking about the Cotto that Floyd fought, you know, the one that you tried to **** on. That's the Cotto that Pac refused to fight without a 148 CW.

The Cotto you're referencing now is the one that lost to Floyd and suddenly Pac is open to rematching him. That seems like a similar storyline huh?

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-pac...-go-154--48943

Are you now dis*****g that Cotto was offered 150?

Comment

We were talking about the Cotto that Floyd fought, you know, the one that you tried to **** on. That's the Cotto that Pac refused to fight without a 148 CW.

The Cotto you're referencing now is the one that lost to Floyd and suddenly Pac is open to rematching him. That seems like a similar storyline huh?
                But didn't Cotto overperform in that one? Looked like he'd gotten some life back, Flo mos like you were calling him unshot, you know, beating one eyed Marg at a catchweight will do that.

In any case, he was offered what was good enough for him 6 months ago, and what he insisted on 12 months earlier.

Comment

And that somehow undoes a 148 CW demand? Are you kidding?

So let me get this straight, Pac actually tried to fight Cotto THREE times with a CW?

Wow.

One word.

Amazing.

Right?

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  But didn't Cotto overperform in that one? Looked like he'd gotten some life back, Flo mos like you were calling him unshot, you know, beating one eyed Marg at a catchweight will do that.

In any case, he was offered what was good enough for him 6 months ago, and what he insisted on 12 months earlier.

Comment

Martinez would eviscerate cotto

Comment

And that somehow undoes a 148 CW demand? Are you kidding?

So let me get this straight, Pac actually tried to fight Cotto THREE times with a CW?

Wow.

One word.

Amazing.

Right?
                      147 was also on offer, it's not a catchweight. Really, enough with the crying. Everyone knows Cottos is a 150er, at best, and only cause he's too lazy now. He was offered his optimal weight by 150 fight night Pac, as requested. Whatever excuse he came up with (weight, money), who cares. His best bet now is some more catchweight shenanigans, whether at 150 for a winnable fight, or 156 for "history and bragging rights".

Comment

Working...
                      X