Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Would Not Rule Out Facing Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, already been explained but you're too moronic to understand. Floyd's not a JMW, has no plans to campaign full time at JMW, and has only stepped to 154 when it's a big money fight - DLH, Cotto, and probably Canelo.

But hey, at least he won his 154 belts without being a b1tch about cowardweights.

Too bad he couldn't have been more 'amazing' and won his 147 and 154 belts with catchweights. Nothing says amazing like refusing to fight Cotto without a CW. Twice. Nothing says amazing like looking great against come forward heavybags but looking less than stellar fighting smaller guys - who just happen to know how to box and move. Getting laid out by a lightweight he couldn't finish off 3 previous times - amazing. Really.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Right. For that see Floyd's 2x "reign" in his 5th weight class.

Comment

So you think cotto is a ***** and a coward... Because he is also contemplating a catch weight bout with Sergio...????

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
        Beating a guy like Chatchai Sasakul pisses on anything Martinez accomplished during the first decade or so of his career.And Pacquiao beat him when he was a teenager.

When you take one quick glance at their respective resume's, this is particularly true.
        Martinez 2010-13 (6-0) 4 KOs > Pacquiao 2010-13 (4-2) 0 KOs

That includes 4 titles in two weight classes with a #1 ranking at 154 and a lineal championship at 160 (w/5 defenses)

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
          No, already been explained but you're too moronic to understand. Floyd's not a JMW, has no plans to campaign full time at JMW, and has only stepped to 154 when it's a big money fight - DLH, Cotto, and probably Canelo.

But hey, at least he won his 154 belts without being a b1tch about cowardweights.

Too bad he couldn't have been more 'amazing' and won his 147 and 154 belts with catchweights. Nothing says amazing like refusing to fight Cotto without a CW. Twice. Nothing says amazing like looking great against come forward heavybags but looking less than stellar fighting smaller guys - who just happen to know how to box and move. Getting laid out by a lightweight he couldn't finish off 3 previous times - amazing. Really.
          He's 2x super welter champ, currently rated #1 there as I'm sure you love to point out. So far his output at the weight was:

1. part time fighter just about to go shot, started career at 130. "Cant pull the trigger anymore" in Roach's famous words
          2. past prime, damaged Cotto, started career at 140

Fine, he's a welter, he'd not effective beyond his 4th weight. And here you are nitpicking on Pac's opposition in his 7th, GTFO. Clottey, Marg at 150, even Cotto at 145 make mincemeat out of any non top 5 welter, Ortiz, Berto, Zaveck, Lopez, Guerrero, Aydin (lol) pick em. Cotto at 154 is vulnerable to any top 10 SWW.

Comment

No, I'm not pointing out anything except what I just said. He's not a 154 fighter, only steps up to the weight when it's a big money fight.

LMAO. Oscar at 154 in 2007 >>>>>> Oscar at 147 in 2008. Roach's famous words 'can't pull the trigger' were actually in response to DLH's performance against Forbes, in the lead up to the *Pac* fight. You're confused, son.

Past prime, damaged Cotto? Really? You mean the one that Pac wouldn't rematch unless it was at 148? That would have been 'amazing' if Floyd did that huh?

Nitpicking? Sure, it's just coincidence that when Pac runs out of heavybags and CW cherrypicks, and fights smaller guys who can actually box and move, he looks 'not amazing.' Just a coincidence. I mean, how else do explain a lightweight putting Pac on his ass and then flatlining him in 6.

He's 2x super welter champ, currently rated #1 there as I'm sure you love to point out. So far his output at the weight was:

1. part time fighter just about to go shot, started career at 130. "Cant pull the trigger anymore" in Roach's famous words
            2. past prime, damaged Cotto, started career at 140

Fine, he's a welter, he'd not effective beyond his 4th weight. And here you are nitpicking on Pac's opposition in his 7th, GTFO. Clottey, Marg at 150, even Cotto at 145 make mincemeat out of any non top 5 welter, Ortiz, Berto, Zaveck, Lopez, Guerrero, Aydin (lol) pick em. Cotto at 154 is vulnerable to any top 10 SWW.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post

That includes 4 titles in two weight classes with a #1 ranking at 154 and a lineal championship at 160 (w/5 defenses)
              LOL don't tell me you're comparing Cotto, Bradley and Marquez to Barker, Macklin and Chavez Jr.

And of course if you look at their WHOLE resume (not just the last 3 years) it's no contest.
              Last edited by Light_Speed; 03-01-2013, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                LOL don't tell me you're comparing Cotto, Bradley and Marquez to Barker, Macklin and Chavez Jr.
                First of all Pac fought Cotto in 09' and it was at an unecessary catchweight...

Second:

It's actually Pavlik (178 pounder; while moving up from 154), Williams (prime), Dzinziruk, Barker, Macklin, Chavez Jr (180-85 pounder)

vs

Clottey, Margarito (shot, coming off a KO loss and 1+ year suspension; embarassing catchweight), Mosley (old, shot (arguably coming off 2 straight losses), Marquez (JMM had to move up; Pac technically LOST both times), Bradley (Tim had to move up from 140; competitive LOSS)

Third, like I said:

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                  No, I'm not pointing out anything except what I just said. He's not a 154 fighter, only steps up to the weight when it's a big money fight.

LMAO. Oscar at 154 in 2007 >>>>>> Oscar at 147 in 2008. Roach's famous words 'can't pull the trigger' were actually in response to DLH's performance against Forbes, in the lead up to the *Pac* fight. You're confused, son.

Past prime, damaged Cotto? Really? You mean the one that Pac wouldn't rematch unless it was at 148? That would have been 'amazing' if Floyd did that huh?

Nitpicking? Sure, it's just coincidence that when Pac runs out of heavybags and CW cherrypicks, and fights smaller guys who can actually box and move, he looks 'not amazing.' Just a coincidence. I mean, how else do explain a lightweight putting Pac on his ass and then flatlining him in 6.
                  Shows a lack of ambition, relatively. I mean, better fights are out there for him to take he just passes on his responsibility as champ. Hence it's really not above paper belt status if that's how he needs to be matched, medium risk for very high reward.

Yeah no doubt DLH was better for Floyd, never said otherwise. He still went shot in short order after an uneventful and mildly competitive fight vs bookies fave p4p Floyd. So much so he retired on his stool vs a cherrypicked midget underdog.

You got the Cotto story wrong. Pac didn't wanna budge from 147, consistent with what he said after Marg. But he did end up offering 150, after Cotto taunted him into doing so. Cotto then blamed weight and money, and went on to look tiny and lose for peanuts against underdog natural SWW Trout.

I explain that by Pac giving his toughest rival 4 chances.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                    First of all Pac fought Cotto in 09' and it was at an unecessary catchweight...

Second:

It's actually Pavlik (178 pounder; while moving up from 154), Williams (prime), Dzinziruk, Barker, Macklin, Chavez Jr (180-85 pounder)

vs

Clottey, Margarito (shot, coming off a KO loss and 1+ year suspension; embarassing catchweight), Mosley (old, shot (arguably coming off 2 straight losses), Marquez (JMM had to move up; Pac technically LOST both times), Bradley (Tim had to move up from 140; competitive LOSS)

Third, like I said:

Pavlik had already been schooled by Hopkins and was never the same after that. Dzinziruk was a 154lb champ moving up. Marquez is an ATG, Martinez has never faced one. Bradley was the #1 guy in his weightclass and an undefeated top 10 P4P fighter and most people agree Pac beat him clearly.

I love how you left out the part about their entire resume not being in the same league.

Comment

No, you're confused again. Pac's last (ridiculous) offer was a 148 CW. Cotto wouldn't budge on going below 150. So Miguel took Floyd's offer at a full 154. End of story.

Shows a lack of ambition, relatively. I mean, better fights are out there for him to take he just passes on his responsibility as champ. Hence it's really not above paper belt status if that's how he needs to be matched, medium risk for very high reward.

Yeah no doubt DLH was better for Floyd, never said otherwise. He still went shot in short order after an uneventful and mildly competitive fight vs bookies fave p4p Floyd. So much so he retired on his stool vs a cherrypicked midget underdog.

You got the Cotto story wrong. Pac didn't wanna budge from 147, consistent with what he said after Marg. But he did end up offering 150, after Cotto taunted him into doing so. Cotto then blamed weight and money, and went on to look tiny and lose for peanuts against underdog natural SWW Trout.

I explain that by Pac giving his toughest rival 4 chances.

Comment

Working...
                      X