Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo: Mayweather Reneged On Agreement To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo has not earned the right to demand a fight from anyone yet. he still hasn't faced a top guy in the division until now and i respect him for that but he needs to be worried about Trout and not Floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by chavmex View Post
      This was the question that many were asking about canelo que people thought he was being pampered!
      Now that canelo made mayfloweres look bad, every one is talking ****!

Listen let me ask all you idiots a question!
      When Floyd was 22 yrs old did he ever emntioned the words fighting the best in the world?

Canelo at 22 is calling the p4p out and the p4p chickens out!

Mayflowers is saying I can not look pass Guerrero, right?
      So what makes people think that canelo is looking pass Trout? But he is willing to engage!

All of you think you guys know boxing, but you guys don know shiiiiittttt!
      Did not like Canelo, and i might not like his ODH style, but **** the kid showed Mexican cojones to challenge Mayflowers and make him run from a date and another 40 million!!!

That's a statment suckers!
      at 21 floyd beat Genaro Hernández to win his first title

at 21 saul beat Mattew Hatton to win his first title and his best win since getting the title is Ryan Rhodes so let me ask you a question why did it take saul so long to fight real 154 fighter in trout

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        My question is was this really a verbal agreement from Mayweather himself or was this Goldenboy saying "Yeah Canelo Floyd said he'd fight you if you were on his undercard"
        Don't act dumb..the article clearly estates Reinoso/Canelo meat with Maweather prior to the set date of 4/20 and personally told them he would fight Canelo if he agree to be on the undercard.....how much clear you want it Idiot!!!

Comment

• What's the big deal? We're acting as if both Canelo and Floyd win their next fights, they can't get together and make a deal after. Floyd is looking at 3-6 fights to finish his career. He obviously has some sort of plan to maximize profits. It will be foolish to think that Canelo isn't in these plans. Having Canelo on the undercards wasn't simply to boost up PPV sales by a few hundred K but more importantly to build up an opponent for a future "mega fight". Does Canelo get the Under Armour commercials if he didn't appear on Floyd's PPVs? Hell no. But like people have said anything can happen in the sport of boxing. It's much smarter to have no hard commitments.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Exactly. Stating facts is not "defending Floyd" or **** riding him. It's just how he operates. He doesn't sign guarantees and you will not bully him in the negotiation process.

Like 50 said, his biggest pet peeve is fighters making money off his name. In his mind, you should be grateful for whatever he offers you. There is no negotiating.

Canelo should have just stayed quiet and requested this new date without taking it to the media and issuing a Top Rank style ultimatum.
            canelo did a great move by not letting himself be bullied by floyds tactics. Floyd should of just signed the contract in the first place if anyone lost the contract would of been broken, simple if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
              Shut up Reynoso...nobody cares. Canelo is a nobody and will remain a pampered nobody until he beats someone who has an active pulse
              Thing is, if Canelo beats Trout, he becomes the second best JMW on the planet, second only to Floyd. Floyd has a standard opponent in Guerrero, a serviceable fight if watched for free. After that, Floyd needs to fight someone of note and in the division in which he is number one, there will only be Canelo.

The Floyd Canelo fight will become massive by year end if he beats Trout.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                I don't think Floyd reneged. I think GBP made a promise to Canelo that they couldn't keep.

Regardless this is all meaningless because Floyd vs. Canelo will happen later this year if they both win.
                Again Reynoso said him and Canelo met with Floyd and he said he would fight Canelo if he agree to fight in his undercard....reading comprehension lessons for some blind folks here.

Comment

• Except if Trout got robbed or Canelo looked like **** in some disputed SD win, Floyd would be stuck fighting Ginger in Sept. I don't know how anyone can say Floyd's the bully here, he's the headliner, if Canelo wants to be on the undercard, cool, (it's not like he hasn't done it in the past) but for junior welterweight killer Canelo to start demanding **** is a joke. I wish I was there for the 'negotiations', I would have laughed myself to death.

"I just beat Josesito, you give me fight in Sept! Or I no fight in May."

"Ok, don't fight."

"...".

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                  canelo did a great move by not letting himself be bullied by floyds tactics. Floyd should of just signed the contract in the first place if anyone lost the contract would of been broken, simple if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                    What tactics? GBP wants Canelo on the undercard. It's their responsibility to promote and sell the event not Floyds. That's why he pays them a fee and doesn't do it himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
                      Again Reynoso said him and Canelo met with Floyd and he said he would fight Canelo if he agree to fight in his undercard....reading comprehension lessons for some blind folks here.
                      And I don't believe what Reynoso said. GTFOH

He's supposed to make his team look like heroes in the media.

Comment

Working...
                      X