Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Trout is a Done Deal For 4/20, Says Schaefer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We also thought Trout - Canelo was a done deal for May 4th and look where we are now.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
      Great fight, and it's on regular Showtime.
      Yes it is. And now i dont have to buy the fight. I wanted to see guerrero fight, plus canelo vs trout. I already have showtime soooo awesome.

Comment

• Hopefully this clears up the misconception that Canelo wanted a "win or lose" guarantee.
        From ESPN.COM:
        "While there were no issues holding up Alvarez-Trout -- both fighters have wanted to fight each other -- getting it finalized for May 4 was daunting. Alvarez was reluctant to lend his star power and popularity to a Mayweather's undercard unless he had a signed contract stipulating that if they both were to win May 4 that Mayweather (43-0, 26 KOs) would face him in his next fight.

The Mayweather and Alvarez camps haggled over that for the past couple of weeks. When it was clear that Mayweather would not commit to a fall fight with Alvarez as a condition for him to be on the card, Alvarez told Golden Boy he would not fight on the show, leaving Schaefer to come up with an alternative."

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          Hopefully this clears up the misconception that Canelo wanted a "win or lose" guarantee.
          From ESPN.COM:
          "While there were no issues holding up Alvarez-Trout -- both fighters have wanted to fight each other -- getting it finalized for May 4 was daunting. Alvarez was reluctant to lend his star power and popularity to a Mayweather's undercard unless he had a signed contract stipulating that if they both were to win May 4 that Mayweather (43-0, 26 KOs) would face him in his next fight.

The Mayweather and Alvarez camps haggled over that for the past couple of weeks. When it was clear that Mayweather would not commit to a fall fight with Alvarez as a condition for him to be on the card, Alvarez told Golden Boy he would not fight on the show, leaving Schaefer to come up with an alternative."
          Thank you QballLobo. Its what I said earlier. Its was a pissing contest between two Divas.

Comment

• if i were gbp i'll put this fight together with mares-deleon and maidana lopez. then offer it as ppv...i'll buy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
              Yeah now you don't care! But when is was thought Canelo was on the undercard your punk ass, was claiming Canelo was the PPV attraction lol... And I guaruntee after the Mayweather fight May 4th you will be here hating saying Floyd is fighting weak fighters, and yet claim you didn't see the fight.

I bet Floyd still sells 1 mil plus for this PPV so what are you saying? And you will be watching so stop hating
              I'll take that bet

Comment

• Originally posted by Ido View Post
                Thank you QballLobo. Its what I said earlier. Its was a pissing contest between two Divas.
                DN rafeal said earlier he wanted it if both him and Floyd win. Either wa he's in no position to ask Floyd sign a guarantee contract

Comment

• Originally posted by Ido View Post
                  Hey call it what you want, its still flawed to compare an established star to an up and coming star.

But even if you want to use Broner as a point of reference (which is flawed for so various reasons). There is not much to compare.
                  Come again now?

Nielsen numbers show that the Alvarez-Lopez fight drew a peak audience of 1.036 million viewers

HBO Boxing delivered 1.4 million viewers for the live first-airing of Broner vs. Rees on HBO World Championship Boxing. Viewership peaked at 1.551 million

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                    Come again now?

Nielsen numbers show that the Alvarez-Lopez fight drew a peak audience of 1.036 million viewers

HBO Boxing delivered 1.4 million viewers for the live first-airing of Broner vs. Rees on HBO World Championship Boxing. Viewership peaked at 1.551 million

Thanks for sharing, would you like for Broner to comb your hair?

Comment

• good job.......

Comment

Working...
                      X