No announcement yet.

Canelo officially off the May 4th card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
    Can't blame them for not going on the same card. As Canelo can main event on his own, not to mention against an opponent like Trout.
    Mayweather and Schaefer will have to work on finding a decent co-main for the PPV now, though.
    Wtf are you talking about. It fell through because Floyd didn't sign the contract. He ducked Canelo in plain sight.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      yes...all of Mexico had no clue who Canelo was until he fought on a Floyd undercard

i hate Floyd's illegitimate online children
      Are you seriously telling me being the lead undercard fight under Floyd hasnt made him the superstar that he is? Your right being on a Floyd Card does nothing for you just Ask Victor Ortiz too.

Comment

If Canelo is such a draw then why isnt his fight against Trout PPV?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
          If Canelo is such a draw then why isnt his fight against Trout PPV?
          In all fairness, how many PPV events did Floyd headline when he was 22 (I will give you a hint..it was none). Hell Floyd wasn't even headlining HBO cards until his mid 20's.
          Canelo is freaking 22.
          As far as the ultimatum, I don't see how it was a bad move. Better to have confirmation that Floyd doesn't want the fight rather than go through with it on May 4th and have Floyd go on another vacation until next year.
          Plus he makes more money fighting on April 20th most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue
            Floyd will make him pay in the end lol. Good luck to Canelo trying to get a Floyd fight now.
            you're just proving what a lil ***** Floyd is.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

So they gonna put Broner on Floyd's card, obviously

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                So they gonna put Broner on Floyd's card, obviously
                I don't know how that would work with Broner and HBO.

Comment

lmao.. if Floyd gets no support the PPV wont go past 1M for sure

Comment

To me this is the best possible news. I knew Mayweather would never sign a contract to fight Canelo. His excuse that he won't sign to fight Canelo because he does not want to look past Guerrero is BS. I don't think he will ever sign to fight this hard hitting 22 year old full sized 154 pounder. Now we will see how Mayweather sells without Canelo on the undercard. Those of you who said Canelo would only fight Trout if he were guaranteed a Mayweather fight win or lose were wrong. Those of you that said if he did not get the Mayweather fight guaranteed he would fight some easy opponent were wrong. I am sure Canelo knows now that Floyd won't ever fight him but he is still fighting Trout. I see nothing wrong with Floyd staying at his true weight of 147 if he gives up the WBA 154 lb. title he won from Cotto. If he keeps that title and does not offer the Canelo-Trout winner a shot at it that's a duck.

Comment

I'm glad that Trout vs Canelo was still made. But doesn't Canelo end up potentially losing more money with this money? Unless Cotto would have beaten Trout and Canelo vs Cotto would have been a PPV fight and then Canelo wins (cementing himself as a legit PPV guy), I don't see Canelo getting that much bargaining power for a real good pay day for September with headlining a Shosports event. Demand would be much higher if Canelo would be on the undercard.

Comment

Working...
                      X