Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I usually don't make Mayweather threads, but....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
    Floyd talks too much and makes hypocritical statements.

Calls himself GOAT, only fights 1 or 2 times a year. Wants to call himself better than SRR er SRL or Ali because they've lost and he hasn't.

That's why I dislike him.

If Floyd said all that crap and proceeded to back it up by taking on tough challenges and fighting more than once or twice a year, I would dislike him a lot less.
    I must have missed those days when he fights once or twice a year. If he fights once a year now, thats a lot for him, he likes one fight every 2 years dont he?

People dont like Floyd as he dont work as hard as his peers but wants to be considered the best.
    Pac fights JMM, Bradley and then JMM in the space of 18months, and in that time Floyd hasnt even had a fight or at best fights the Guerreros of this world.
    People want to see Floyd get beat, but he makes people wait 2 years for the chance for it to happen as thats how long it takes for him to make a fight. Hes a wind up merchant whos only interested in cash, and some of his fellow pros struggle to pay the bills and earn a honest living.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
      stop lying if floyd was more active he would still be getting critcized because when it comes to mayweather everyone has a differnt oppinion if he doesn't fight who you want him to fight he will get critcized even if he is active if he fights who you want him to fight and wins that person some how all of a sudden becomes an overrated bum.has floyd always been this in active?no so stop acting like this hate and hippocracy just started after the hatton fight
      Pac hasnt had any easy fights in 8 years and he fights regularly, and people still try criticise Pac and his opponents believe it or not, even though Pac has had a tougher resume than anyone, especially considering how little time there is between each of his fights as well.

So of course Floyd fighting so little annoys the hell out of people, especially the people who want to see him get beat. He makes people wait 2 years for him to actually fight to get the chance to see him get beat and is rubbing people up the wrong way with his self proclaiming as well.
      Why would anyone like his behaviour. Everyone loses out cos they dont get no action, and as boxing fans action is what its about. How does fighting so little help anyone other than himself and his self preservation?
      Last edited by hugh grant; 02-28-2013, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        I must have missed those days when he fights once or twice a year. If he fights once a year now, thats a lot for him, he likes one fight every 2 years dont he?

People dont like Floyd as he dont work as hard as his peers but wants to be considered the best.
        Pac fights JMM, Bradley and then JMM in the space of 18months, and in that time Floyd hasnt even had a fight or at best fights the Guerreros of this world.
        People want to see Floyd get beat, but he makes people wait 2 years for the chance for it to happen as thats how long it takes for him to make a fight. Hes a wind up merchant whos only interested in cash, and some of his fellow pros struggle to pay the bills and earn a honest living.
        yep cause you started watching boxing in 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
          yep cause you started watching boxing in 2008

He actually did check his thread history.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
            Jesus Christ, this guy gets crucified on here for things that other guys get a pass for.

Guerrero can move up to 147, win a belt, and Mayweather isn't supposed to fight him because he's "too small." Despite the fact that Mayweather isn't big to start with.

Mayweather wins a title at 154, he has to fight Canelo (miraculously, Mayweather isn't "too small" in this situation). He is also supposed to fight Martinez, another fight where Floyd isn't "too small."

Mayweather is said to be "ducking" Canelo, because Canelo made a silly demand, and acted like a diva. Nevermind the fact that Canelo makes a (damn good) living off of avoiding top opposition.

Mayweather acts like a diva, and makes a silly demand, and guess what? Mayweather's ducking again.

Pacquiao wins a vacant title (at a catchweight of 150) and is praised, never expected to defend the title against a legit 154lber.

I could go on, obviously, but I think you get it.

Call it whatever you want, but it's the reason that with every day that passes, people take this place less and less serious.
            Haters will hate, that what haters do. Just like dogs bark, it's a natural thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
              Jesus Christ, this guy gets crucified on here for things that other guys get a pass for.

Guerrero can move up to 147, win a belt, and Mayweather isn't supposed to fight him because he's "too small." Despite the fact that Mayweather isn't big to start with.

Mayweather wins a title at 154, he has to fight Canelo (miraculously, Mayweather isn't "too small" in this situation). He is also supposed to fight Martinez, another fight where Floyd isn't "too small."

Mayweather is said to be "ducking" Canelo, because Canelo made a silly demand, and acted like a diva. Nevermind the fact that Canelo makes a (damn good) living off of avoiding top opposition.

Mayweather acts like a diva, and makes a silly demand, and guess what? Mayweather's ducking again.

Pacquiao wins a vacant title (at a catchweight of 150) and is praised, never expected to defend the title against a legit 154lber.

I could go on, obviously, but I think you get it.

Call it whatever you want, but it's the reason that with every day that passes, people take this place less and less serious.
              Ok let me break it down to you playa. Guerrero has only two fights at welterweight. He is a natural lightweight. I made a thread back in October about how Mayweather was going to pick him to fight next since he was small and calling him out, very predictable.

Canelo fight is the biggest fight out there for him. Mayweather avoids undefeated fighters. He has only fought two of them his entire career. Floyd has a belt @ 154 so why not? Isn't he part of the Money team? Since he didn't want any part of Pacquiao (which proved he can hang in welter with 6 fights in that weight ) this is the biggest money maker out there. Avoiding to great money fights for the man with a middle name like money doesn't help.

If not @ 154 why not fight the best @ 147. At least an undefeated natural welter not some guy who moved up 2 fights ago. At least fight an undefeated guy. Why not take a serious challenge if people are expected to pay for it on PPV.

Floyd won the 154 title from Cotto a guy that Pacquiao destroyed and Floyd got a decision on. You can see how that loses some luster. Not to add to the fact that the guy is one of the most inactive fighters in the P4P list. We fans want to see good fights, not how long can a fighter keep his 0 or how much money he tosses around.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                It is because Mayweather is held to higher standards than anyone else in boxing. Many people don't like him so anything he does, is always picked apart regardless if everyone else is doing the exact same thing.

Same **** different restroom!
                He brings it on himself by proclaiming he is the best fighter who ever lived. When you make such a bold statement, surely you are going to be held to a higher regard than a fighter who just goes about his way and doesn't brag or call himself this or that.

You want to call yourself the best ever? Then do some **** that the best fighters of all time did. Stay active, fight the fights the people want to see, WHEN THEY WANT TO SEE THEM.

He chose to skip out on a lot of fights in the past 8 or so years.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
                  Ok let me break it down to you playa. Guerrero has only two fights at welterweight. He is a natural lightweight. I made a thread back in October about how Mayweather was going to pick him to fight next since he was small and calling him out, very predictable.

Canelo fight is the biggest fight out there for him. Mayweather avoids undefeated fighters. He has only fought two of them his entire career. Floyd has a belt @ 154 so why not? Isn't he part of the Money team? Since he didn't want any part of Pacquiao (which proved he can hang in welter with 6 fights in that weight ) this is the biggest money maker out there. Avoiding to great money fights for the man with a middle name like money doesn't help.

If not @ 154 why not fight the best @ 147. At least an undefeated natural welter not some guy who moved up 2 fights ago. At least fight an undefeated guy. Why not take a serious challenge if people are expected to pay for it on PPV.

Floyd won the 154 title from Cotto a guy that Pacquiao destroyed and Floyd got a decision on. You can see how that loses some luster. Not to add to the fact that the guy is one of the most inactive fighters in the P4P list. We fans want to see good fights, not how long can a fighter keep his 0 or how much money he tosses around.
                  and they were against guys ranked in the top 10 by almost every legit publication. and he beat them clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Floyd has figured out if he fights often, there's less of a demand to see his fights and therefor makes less money for each one. I'm sure he also enjoys the long layoff in between each fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                      Where is this in the Floyd hate threads? Oh thats right you don't post **** like that there you join in and troll. FOH.
                      He enjoys trolling Floyd and Broner threads, but does make good posts about 20% of the time. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X