Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I usually don't make Mayweather threads, but....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
    No he does cherry pick easy opponents while avoiding the best fighters. He's done it ever since the castillo fight. It's a fact. Then he fights once every 2 years and pretends to be retired instead of earning his respect by facing the best at any given time. They have been planning this guerrero fight for 3 years.

They had to build him up but he's been in their cross hairs. Instead of fighting Pac the last 3 years he's been watering the gurerro cherry until it was just ripe to pick. The criticism against Mayweather is Valid. Floyd wouldn't fight Cotto until he got KTFO a few times. There are tons of examples

You criticise Floyd for supposedly cherrypicking .But Pac avoids Zahir Raheem,Juan Guzman,Nate Campbell,Mark Too Sharp Johnson,Victor Ortiz,Mosley when he had something left, and many others including Floyd when Floyd offered him 50/50 and a 14 day cutoff date after Pacquiao said he needed time to heal but yet Pac still turned the deal down.

Then Floyd tell him the deal is off the table and after Floyd see`s what Pac gets paid Floyd took the 50/50 deal off the table.

Pac also would `nt fight Cotto at 147 and forced a catchweight on Cotto so he would be drained.But yet he fights Delahoya at 147 where Delahoya had to come down from Junior middlweeight which also drained him.

And Cotto last year on ESPN website said he never pushed for a fight with Floyd back then.And i remember Floyd calling Cotto out in 05 and Arum saying Cotto was`nt ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      I'm offering a counter argument in direct response to a reply. I'm not starting a thread complaining about it, making points that are made on this board every single day, and in almost every thread that concerns Mayweather.

Here's a newsflash, Mayweather had the highest media profile of any fighter in the sport, he is almost universally regarded as P4P No.1 (even if Ward is gaining ground), and is a guy who deliberately adopts an obnoxious public persona.

Not everyone is going to like him.

A lot of people wouldn't like him even if he wasn't playing the Money Mayweather role.

This isn't weird, this is normal. This is part of sports discussion everywhere. The biggest stars get the most attention, and get the most criticism as well. The more gushing the praise they get the more stringent their criticism tends to be too.

The endless moaning about this fact is one of the really weak elements of this forum. Fanboys getting emotional over their hero not being universally loved. Well they're in for a tough time of it because it's not going to change anytime soon, no matter how many 'Why don't people love Floyd like I do' threads they start.
      So I write one line and I get a diatribe back. Read what you just wrote and look in the damn mirror.

Comment

floyd-guerrero is a mismatch and not a ppv quality fight...i'd rather say that than say this is a good fight. i'll be lying if i say guererro has even a small chance of beating floyd.

besides, guerrero had been challenging floyd a long time ago...and back then floyd fans are *****ting on him for putting himself as a challenge to floyd.

Comment

For the moment forget the Pacquiao comparisons. If this is about Mayweather recieving criticism for fighting Guerrero, a former featherweight champion, it has little to do with Pacquiao. You must understand the reasons behind the criticism. Since when has beating Berto become a prerequisite for fighting the fighter some people still have as the best pound for pound? Mayweather is the overwelming favorite again and these critics are merely asking for once it would be nice to see Mayweather step up to a challenge where he is not the favorite. History has produced many champions that have repeatedly defied the odds and will again. What is wrong with expecting this of a fighter that is a star now?
          There are plenty of challenges out there that are worthy of a p4p fighter, in my opinion quite a few boxing fans are tired of waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
            You know what's hilarious? That I don't see you in the Mayweather hate threads ripping apart the people starting them.

And, I have NEVER started a thread like this. And I've been on this site a long time.

I could make ten threads about "Mayweather's ability and perfomances" and you'd be in every one of them calling me a fanboy.

Go. Away.
            You're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
              You're right.
              I've always thought Dr Rumack is either Hermit from ESB or Gabe Montoya (or both). Could be wrong though, just see a lot of parallels from the three.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                I could make ten threads about "Mayweather's ability and perfomances" and you'd be in every one of them calling me a fanboy.
                Rubbish. I don't think I've ever once posted a comment here that detracts from Mayweather's boxing ability.

What would be good for this forum is people actually post threads about boxing, actual boxing, the sport. Not threads around boxing, not about the show-business of boxing, but about actual boxing itself.

If you want to hold onto knowledgeable posters, then I think threads of that nature would get better results than 'Here's a novel idea, I think people criticise Floyd a lot' type efforts, of which there is an endless supply in any case.

Comment

I can see where Rumacks coming from. It is worse when LarryX is around and posting but there is an ongoing 'why do people hate Mayweather?' trend on the Forum.

If I was a Floyd fan i'd take it as a compliment to my fighter that people care enough to post hate about him to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    When it all boils down, the haters are oblivious to the fact that their criticism is based off of how skilled Mayweather is and that's unfair.
                    this is a stupid analogy. if criticising floyd for not taking on real challenges because of how good he is means hating, then hating is a good thing.

now if you're a big floyd fan and raves about his skills and yet get satisfied with a floyd-guerrero fight, then you're no better than those haters you're crying about.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Floyd can do no right? Well if he thought fighting once every 2 years was going to impress people he was given bad advice. With that kind of schedule he is trying to do as little right as he can possibly get away with.

He is trolling and intentionally trying to wind people up.
                      what i find funny about this is that most of you same people feel like there is no one worthy of fighting floyd outside of pacquiao and martinez so is floyd suppose to just fight martinez and pacquiao over and over again because any other person he fights he will get critcized for even if he was more active

Comment

Working...
                      X