Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I usually don't make Mayweather threads, but....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
    I think it is funny when people think Mayweather cares about their Opinion as if he is reading this stuff

WHO CARES!
    What are you, a child? It's a forum about Boxing. People gives their opinion and they debate. And all you've got is "Floyd don't what you think"?

Save that nonsense for the Youtube comment section.

Comment

• Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
      Sad thing about the above post is that the bolded text could actually happen.

On Topic: Floyd repeatedly claims to be GOAT. That's Greatest Of All Time.

That is some tall **** to be talking when most people that follow the sport have seen guys like Ali and SRL and Roberto Duran and Tommy Hearns and Marvin Hagler, etc. live or on tv or at least in good video.

We have seen all of those guys (none of which make the same claim, unless I'm mistaken) in epic fights where the issue was definitely in doubt and they dug deep for the victory and every last bit of their greatness was on parade. Maybe multiple times.

That's what I want to see from Floyd. I think his name belongs in the same sentence with those guys. Will Guerrero bring that out of him? I doubt it.

If you're gonna' claim to be mfkn Superman, I'm supposed to just take your word for it?

No. I want to see you to put on the fkn cape and fly!
      See that is dumb because a fighter should think he can't be beat and in Floyd's position where he has done quite a bit why should he think any man is better than him.

So you are penalizing a boxer for having strong self belief.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        There also comes a point when only fighting once a year means you aren't as sharp as if you were fighting two or three times a year.
        But you're right about this. THe time is coming. But it still takes a very good opponent to expose that. I think Floyd generally doesn't like to fight anyone that resembles him in any way. Whether it's on speed or conditioning. He likes to say that this guy, "runs out of gas in 5 rounds" or that guy, "is flat footed".

Andre Berto (while no Floyd) is NOT someone he would have fought for stylistic reasons, even if he had he beaten Ortiz or Guerrero. Yet both got their shot after beating Berto.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Pac hasnt had any easy fights in 8 years and he fights regularly, and people still try criticise Pac and his opponents believe it or not, even though Pac has had a tougher resume than anyone, especially considering how little time there is between each of his fights as well.

So of course Floyd fighting so little annoys the hell out of people, especially the people who want to see him get beat. He makes people wait 2 years for him to actually fight to get the chance to see him get beat and is rubbing people up the wrong way with his self proclaiming as well.
          Why would anyone like his behaviour. Everyone loses out cos they dont get no action, and as boxing fans action is what its about. How does fighting so little help anyone other than himself and his self preservation?
          this is so funny to me this post is basically floyd doesn't fight enough for me to see him lose so i'm mad.so you dislike the fact that floyd doesn't fight enough, thats fair.

you say that manny has not had easy fights so i guess you feel like floyd has had easy fights but im willing to bet if floyd fought all of mannys opponents when manny fought them in the last 5 years all of those fights would have been considered easy fights for floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
            I think it is funny when people think Mayweather cares about their Opinion as if he is reading this stuff

WHO CARES!
            Pretty much how Donaire cared with Cubans crying over him maybe not fighting Rigo a couple weeks ago huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
              But you're right about this. THe time is coming. But it still takes a very good opponent to expose that. I think Floyd generally doesn't like to fight anyone that resembles him in any way. Whether it's on speed or conditioning. He likes to say that this guy, "runs out of gas in 5 rounds" or that guy, "is flat footed".

Andre Berto (while no Floyd) is NOT someone he would have fought for stylistic reasons, even if he had he beaten Ortiz or Guerrero. Yet both got their shot after beating Berto.
              right now it seems like ou might be right about that

Comment

• Listen tto Cotto who is another great fighter that has aton of heart Cotto who is a warrior himself said Guerrero is a warrior that says something when another top fighter who's a warrior himself says you're a warrior, not somebody who doesn't fight but this coming from another great fighter it says something. Ive known all along Guerrero is the goods man i'm not saying he's going to beat Floyd but it could happen he damn sure aint going to lay down i can tell you that right now that's not in Guerrero. Guerrero would smash Ortiz one because ortiz doesn't have a jab Guerrero can box as well and 2nd Guerrero has waaay more heart than Ortiz. Ortiz would break mentally against Guerrero, Guerrero would make Ortiz quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  See that is dumb because a fighter should think he can't be beat and in Floyd's position where he has done quite a bit why should he think any man is better than him.

So you are penalizing a boxer for having strong self belief.
                  It's like this:

To me, pro boxing is kind of like pro music. When I go to see Branford Marsalis, I'm not there to see him play "Mary Had A Little Lamb". I don't buy recordings of him playing "Mary Had A Litttle Lamb". Know what I mean?

Besides, I am not penalizing him. I give Floyd credit for being great. I pick him versus pretty much all conceivable non-fantasy opponents. What penalty?

To me, it's dumb to be satisfied with the lesser expressions of a great artist.
                  Last edited by lefthook2daliva; 03-01-2013, 08:14 PM. Reason: i before e except after...doooh!

Comment

• Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                    It's like this:

To me, pro boxing is kind of like pro music. When I go to see Branford Marsalis, I'm not there to see him play "Mary Had A Little Lamb". I don't buy recordings of him playing "Mary Had A Litttle Lamb". Know what I mean?

Besides, I am not penalizing him. I give Floyd credit for being great. I pick him versus pretty much all concievable non-fantasy opponents. What penalty?

To me, it's dumb to be satisfied with the lesser expressions of a great artist.
                    Yea but self belief is a very important thing to a boxer, I don't think there is anything wrong with a fighter thinking the way Floyd does and expressing that. I don't think any fighter should think someone else was better, unless proven.

No one else should be saying that as it is clearly not a real assessment of his career but how someone views them self is different.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Yea but self belief is a very important thing to a boxer, I don't think there is anything wrong with a fighter thinking the way Floyd does and expressing that. I don't think any fighter should think someone else was better, unless proven.

No one else should be saying that as it is clearly not a real assessment of his career but how someone views them self is different.
                      Exactly.

Same reason I don't care that Randy Moss said he's the best WR to every play in the NFL (and being a huge Niner fan, that is saying something). He's SUPPOSED to think he's better than everyone else. I would be disappointed if these guys didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X