No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo, Reynoso Give Mayweather an Ultimatum For 5/4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EL ANIMAL View Post
    i dont understand how canelo thinks he can make such demands like this. money may has been kicking tail for 15 years and hes the highest paid athlete in the world. really floyd dosent need canelo he just should be greatful to share the stage with floyd. thats crazy.!!!
    I found that demand astonishing! Am disappointed in Team Canelo because they are basically using Mayweather's name to duck Trout. I mean if Canelo loses then Mayweather would still have to fight him lol thats a disgraceful demand, I supported this guy for a long while but feel let down by his comments here.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
      How do you know he won't?

He has 18 months to defend his WBA title and hasn't defended his WBC title since he beat Ortiz. So obviously, defend the WBC title in the spring and the WBA title in the fall.
      LOL Since when has Floyd cared about defending his belts?

Comment

• Canelo's head is way to far up his own ass it's crazy

Comment

Someone who ****in deserves it. Boxing is a professional sport. When you beat top guys, you should be rewarded. He should fight the winner of Devon Alexander/Kell Brook or Austin Trout in September because these guys use their fists and skills to make statements. Not their promoters, managers and legal advisers.
          You probably cant see the massive double standard here.

Comment

• This is what happens to young fighters when they are CHERRY PICKED by promoters to be a star long before they even get the opportunity to prove their worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              You really want Mayweather to sign a contract like that? I think Bushbady was right all along. IMO Mayweather doesnt have to sign anything with Canelo who frankly hasnt done much in the sport.
              Sure why not? Isn't his name Money Mayweather? Don't his fans constantly bring up his earning and PPV buys? Didn't he just say he's about to cash out?

Tell me one good reason the typical Money Mayweather the guy who doesn't give a **** about his legacy would not sign this contract? Sounds like a hell of a deal to me. Canelo would raise his buyrate for May, and win or lose he would be a much bigger fight than Guerrero or Alexander. He also sucks according to everyone so it'd be an easy paycheck. Trout would also build his name up for another potential mega fight next year. Do you not agree?

Doesn't this sound like your typical Money Mayweather move? Or are you trying to suggest that this man actually cares about his legacy?

Comment

These guarantees have no place in professional sports
                He sure guaranteed to fight Judah after he lost didn't he?

Comment

• Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                  Canelo's head is way to far up his own ass it's crazy
                  Again, an enormous neon irony.

Comment

• Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
                    Trout would also build his name up for another potential mega fight next year. Do you not agree?
                    Sorry but most of what you typed here is irrelevant but its cool though. The bit i brought up here is a good point, Canelo already said he was fighting Trout so i dont see the point of Trout trying to "Build up" his name. but its cool still

Comment

• And I was actually giving Canelo props for taking on Trout. I guess he thinks as long as he has Mexico behind him, he can do anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X