Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re watched Mayweather vs. Ortiz.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Josesito Lopez was never born, I might call this fight a good win.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      I thought Cotto won 2-3 rounds against Floyd, possibly 4 if you favored every round for Cotto that was competitive. I thought Cotto won 4 rounds against Trout, no more or less.

Both were clear decision wins though. Floyd took the first 4 rounds clearly. The 5th was closer, given Cotto had Floyd on the ropes a lot of the time, but Floyd definitely landed the better punches and out fought him on the ropes, in my opinion. The 6th round was a clear Cotto round, where as I felt Floyd took the 7th, but it was competitive. The 8th was Cotto's. And the 9th was competitive, probably favored Cotto in it. Floyd swept the last 3.
      In the bold, I remember how Merchant said "Mayweather hasn't lost a round this clear for some time", Lampley then says "A clear round for Miguel Cotto". Initially I gave that round to Cotto, then after re-watching it what I saw was alarming almost, besides the half blocked left hooks, a couple of good body shots and some jabs...he didn't really do anything of significance, that was Mayweather's round straight up, Mayweather landed more, especially to the body. Pay attention to landed punches...

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
        If Josesito Lopez was never born, I might call this fight a good win.
        Meaning?

Dude fought the whole damn fight practically with a broken jaw. You're making it sound like Josesito raped Ortiz or something.
        Last edited by Biolink; 02-27-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Floyd is a defensive wizard, but bottom line is if he had of fought regularly say 2 fights a year at least against all commers he would have 2 or 3 losses on his record now.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            Meaning?

Dude fought the whole damn fight practically with a broken jaw. You're making it sound like Josesito raped Ortiz or something.
            Meaning Ortiz lost to a Jr Welterweight nobody has ever heard of and his best win is Andre Berto.. is he REALLY that good of a fighter?

Ortiz didn't fight the whole fight with a broken jaw lol... how many times have you seen Ortiz fight through adversity? I've never seen it.

Lopez broke his jaw in the 9th round, and is exactly when he quit.

1:44 for the Jaw breaker

Comment

ortiz fighting an entire fight with a broken jaw lol....... that has to be the funniest statement I have ever seen on NSB

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                Meaning?

You really believe that? The round when they claimed he broke his jaw changed every day the week after the fight.

Comment

Ortiz is dumb.........

I wasn't all that impressed with that choice of opponent. Floyd knew how dumb Ortiz was and is smart about who to fight and when to fight them .Kind of like Hopkins use to do. It makes a fighter look larger than life. He's a great fighter BUT he doesn't challenge himself against opponents who can really challenge him and push him to the limits. The Cotto fight wasn't suppose to go down like that. He thought he would just make a ton of money and look good doing it but we all saw he won by a couple of rounds. WHY didn't he choose Canelo for May 4th? WHY didn't he fight Manny after the two year lay-off? Exactly my point. Ducking, ducking, ducking. Unless he is totally shot, he will beat The Ghost BUT because of his lack of legs, The Ghost will make it a close and dangerous fight for Floyd because of his volume punching.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    In the bold, I remember how Merchant said "Mayweather hasn't lost a round this clear for some time", Lampley then says "A clear round for Miguel Cotto". Initially I gave that round to Cotto, then after re-watching it what I saw was alarming almost, besides the half blocked left hooks, a couple of good body shots and some jabs...he didn't really do anything of significance, that was Mayweather's round straight up, Mayweather landed more, especially to the body. Pay attention to landed punches...

The only fight I have recorded right now. Floyd actually made Cotto gas himself in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rambov View Post
                      The only fight I have recorded right now. Floyd actually made Cotto gas himself in this fight.
                      So I take it you do not know that Cotto always gasses then?? Or maybe you do know, but against Floyd he didn't gas because he always does like every other fight, in Floyd's case Floyd made him gas, is that it??

Comment

Working...
                      X