Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafeal Tweets Canelo may not fight on Floyd Undercard after all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew when Stephen A Smith reportedly talked to Floyd and they were talking about a Floyd vs Canelo fight on First Take when SAS said "Canelo is too big for Floyd" that's when it hit me that Floyd is going to wait this boy out until he out grows the division and then use that excuse. He implanted that into the media for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by _gatti_ View Post
      canelo dont need floyd. Floyd needs him.
      lol.........

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
        so it has gone from Floyd cherrypicking Canelo to Floyd ducking him? How does that work?
        That has always been the logic no matter who it is.

Comment

• If it's asking for a Floyd fight if he beats Trout then this is stupid on Floyd's end.

If Floyd doesn't wanna fight young LMWs, because he knows he doesn't belong there, then he should vacate the damn title.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
            I disagree. You act like Im talking about breaking records. Im just talking about like an average Floyd PPV. People are acting like this will bomb unless Canelo is on it and I disagree. How many buys do you see?
            I think you will see somewhere between the Floyd/Hatton and Pac/Bradley numbers. Meaning just below 1 million PPV buys. People will watch to see if Floyd has slipped at all since jail but most people will see this as a mis match.
            Guerrero has some moments early but then Floyd figures him out and goes on to a UD.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              If it's asking for a Floyd fight if he beats Trout then this is stupid on Floyd's end.

If Floyd doesn't wanna fight young LMWs, because he knows he doesn't belong there, then he should vacate the damn title.
              But he hasn't vacated because he obviously pl.ans on defending it. Give him a chance to make a move instead of assuming he's done at the division because of what Dan Rafael's "sources" say.

Comment

• I agree with Canelo if no guarantee f him, just do your own thing and do your solo show in june

Comment

• Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
                  I knew when Stephen A Smith reportedly talked to Floyd and they were talking about a Floyd vs Canelo fight on First Take when SAS said "Canelo is too big for Floyd" that's when it hit me that Floyd is going to wait this boy out until he out grows the division and then use that excuse. He implanted that into the media for a reason.
                  Same thoughts that went through my head.

Comment

• LMFAO at Canelo thinking he has some type of negotiating Power over Mayweather....HAHAHAHA

Mayweather don't need you Canelo, Canelo and his fans think this guy is already some type of Draw well OK then why don't they make Trout vs Alvarez a PPV Event by itself and lets see how it does on its own

Sounds to me like Alvarez want insurance just in case he loses to Trout that he would still get a shot at Mayweather in September, boxing don't work like that! If you so go just go on a beat Trout and if Mayweather beats Guerrero then you take negotiations from their

And what is also funny is how because Stephen A Smithsaid Canelo was too big for Mayweather somehow people turned that into: "WELL MAYWEATHER TOLD STEPHEN A SMITH THAT"?
                    Last edited by sicko; 02-26-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Mayweather is not going to fight Canelo, and now that he has guaranteed money he won't risk it for sure.

TBH, in terms of legacy he doesn't have to fight a big JMW when he walks around at 147, same reason why the Martinez fight will never happen. He should just fight the obvious guy at 147 at least once and make a lot more money but he won't for whatever reason.

Without the Canelo undercard fight the PPV will do about 700k which is generally great but with all the CBS investment it might be considered a flop.

Canelo and GBP better not use this as an excuse to make yet ANOTHER MISMATCH! They mentioned Angulo, who almost got knocked out by a journeyman in his last fight and looks to be shot. No more excuses for Canelo. If he avoids Trout he better fight someone tough.
                      Last edited by RSBonos; 02-26-2013, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X