No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
    Someone should make a highlight exclusively of his body shots.

Ex. Chop Chop Corley fight.
    Garcia would whoop that overrated hype job Matthyse....Matthyse falls short anytime he fights any half decent competition and has beat nobody elite. Garcia would end his absurd hype train for good

Comment

It's not a fair match. Peterson on the pellets.

Comment

50/50 for me could see TKO for Mattysse but leaning towards a close decision for either guy while NSB cries robbery

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10
          Quote:

Originally Posted by inITtoWINit

Someone should make a highlight exclusively of his body shots.

Ex. Chop Chop Corley fight.

Garcia would whoop that overrated hype job Matthyse....Matthyse falls short anytime he fights any half decent competition and has beat nobody elite. Garcia would end his absurd hype train for good
          Hmm who did Garcia beat that was elite again? If you go by resumes Matthysse got the much better resume by a mile and a half.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Lucas made him look average. Lucas chased him down and pummeled him non stop until he couldnt take anymore
            It was a great performance, i just dont think that we saw the best of Ajose in that fight

He did have a year off prior to the fight, and it was the biggest of his career. I dont think he was terrible just that he looked to me like a fighter who was a little rusty. Against a skilled hard hitting beast like Lucas you have to be completely on top of your game.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
              Hmm who did Garcia beat that was elite again? If you go by resumes Matthysse got the much better resume by a mile and a half.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              Khan is more elite than anyone Matthyse has beat...Khan arguably beat a roided Peterson....beat Maidana...Judah...Paulie etc etc

Who has Matthyse beat that's any good?? Alexander (decent)...Ajose (decent but not better than Khan)...Soto (decent) a way washed up Corley and he lost fair and square to Judah who Khan shut out

Despite being over 6 years younger Garcia has a more impressive record and unlike Matthyse doesn't choke in the big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                Matthysse's inside game hasn't been challenged, I'd lean towards Peterson here but I wouldn't bet on it, Matthysse is still untested in my opinion, not from an opposition stand point but a skill one. Peterson on the other hand has literally seen it all, I know what Lamont is capable of, Lucas not so much.
                Because no one wants to taste that power. It's different when you're fighting a guy that knock you out clean, and has boxing skills.

Comment

Matthyse is like post pride Fedor (everyone thought he was vastly superior to all the heavies in the UFC when in reality he was mediocre) he's massively overrated and will lose to all the elites at 140...Hopefully Garcia puts a beating on him after Judah but I will take Broner (when he moves up) Khan, Rios etc etc doing it to.

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
                    Matthyse is like post pride Fedor (everyone thought he was vastly superior to all the heavies in the UFC when in reality he was mediocre) he's massively overrated and will lose to all the elites at 140...Hopefully Garcia puts a beating on him after Judah but I will take Broner (when he moves up) Khan, Rios etc etc doing it to.
                    so you're saying matthysse beats peterson? cause that's the only way garcia can get to matthysse, if matthysse beats peterson first. wouldn't peterson be an elite at 140?
                    what a great fight for boxing to have. i would have preferred matthysse/garcia, but this is still a top fighter vs. a top fighter. i actually think this is more of a difficult fight for matthysse than a danny garcia fight. as much as a fan as i am of matthysse's, atm it's hard for me to picture matthysse winning a decision against peterson. i think he's got to get the KO in this one to really get the W, instead of letting it fall in the hands of the judges. that said, vamos lucas!!

Comment

Lucas by late tko. #Fight of the year.

Comment

Working...
                      X