Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of beating do you guys prefer Peterson takes?

A. Prolonged constant beating for 12 rounds
    B. Prolonged beating and then knocked out late
    C. Knocked out early
    D. Pacquiao'd

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
      What kind of beating do you guys prefer Peterson takes?

A. Prolonged constant beating for 12 rounds
      B. Prolonged beating and then knocked out late
      C. Knocked out early
      D. Pacquiao'd
      I'll take an order of Bradley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
        They're using him as the last fighter because he draws PPV numbers from Britain and most likely Pakistan too...

Then the fact that who doesn't like seeing Amir Khan being knocked out???
        I'm certain even Khan fans liked watching Danny put that beating on King Con.
        Do you even watch boxing son??

Comment

• ATLANTIC CITY – Lucas Matthysse didn’t look like a man who had endured a week’s worth of aggravation, an 11-hour plane ride and a 2-hour car trip to get to a date with Lamont Peterson at Boardwalk Hall on Saturday night.

As he sat at small table with a group of reporters inside of a meeting room at Caesar’s Palace on Thursday afternoon, Matthysse looked like he had just walked across the street from having a cup of coffee. If appearances are any indication, then Matthysse looked more than ready for his 12-round junior welterweight match against Peterson, the IBF titleholder.

“It’s been a very long trip,” Matthysee said. “But the most important thing is I’m here now and I’m ready to fight.”

Matthysse’s home at Trelew, Argentina was burglarized Thursday while he was away training in the town of Junin.

“Someone broke in and took some things and cut up my passport,” Matthysse said. “I don’t know who did it.”

It took Matthysse nearly a week to get another passport and visa to travel to America so that he could fight Peterson.

“I don’t think it’s going to have any influence on the fight,” he said. “I had already done basically everything (in training).”

If he didn’t have the problem with his passport, he would have arrived in America on Monday to acclimate himself to his environment. That is what he has done in previous fights in America. But that really hasn’t helped him win decisions in his previous major matches here. He lost split decisions to Zab Judah in New Jersey and to Devon Alexander in Missouri.

Certainly Matthysse won’t be robbed twice in the two weeks. He laughed at the suggestion.

“Peterson will feel my power,” Matthysse said.

“Peterson is a good fighter and a good boxer,” Matthysse said. “He knows how to deal with things when he is in danger. I think I can beat him with my power. I know how to get in the best punches to use my power.”

Kevin Cunningham, Alexander’s trainer, said when Alexander fought Matthysse they had a basic strategy.

“I think he was looking to land that big right hand,” Cunningham said. “We took away that right hand. We boxed him and kept him turning."

“We got to a point in camp where Devon couldn’t get past 147 pounds,” Cunningham said. “By the fourth round he said he felt like his legs weren’t underneath him.”

Matthysse pushed Alexander to the limits and many people thought that he did enough to win the fight. Alexander abandoned the junior welterweight division and moved to 147 pounds after that fight.

Matthysse believes Peterson and Alexander are similar.

“They have the same style except one is a southpaw and the other is orthodox,” Matthysse said.

“Everybody in my family is involved in boxing,” he said. “My mother, my father, my sister, my brother. It’s a family tradition.”

His sister, Edith Soledad, fought for a world title in Argentina last week. Go figure, she lost by split decision.

Matthysse knows all about that. He is returning to America to try to do what he couldn’t do the last two times he came here. He’s trying to win another important match that will advance his position in the junior welterweight division. This trip got off to a bumpy start, but he hopes it has a successful ending.

“When they told me that I was coming back to America for this fight I came with the mentality to win,” he said. “I never came here thinking it was going to be a robbery. I’ve got some experience in that. But I’m not thinking I’m going to get robbed one more time.”

Yes, indeed. Once in a week is enough.

http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...y-travel-delay

Comment

• 50/50 fight still havent picked a winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
              Firstly, Khan is not my boy. Dude is a hype job. I have no idea why GBP is using him as the final fighter in this 140 tourney when he hasn't done ****. He got dropped by a fighter who was way past his prime in Julio Diaz and was having trouble with the mini version of Carlos Molina. I do not like Khan at all. But to suggest that this mediocre fighter got exposed by peterson in a competitive bout is assanine.
              "Ur boy" is just a figure of speech, chill. Secondly, why is saying someone was exposed asinine? Whether he is mediocre or great (I think he's better than mediocre, but not elite) his will was never questioned. Hell, he was a huge favorite in the Peterson fight and in his only loss prior to the fight he got up after being clean clocked in the worst way. Up until the Peterson fight Khan was considered to have lost 1 fight by a fluke punch. LP took his will, period. That was the first time that had ever happened to him on the big stage, thus this trait was exposed.

Comment

• For me this is pretty simple...either Matts by KO/stoppage or Peterson by decision. Should be a hell of a scrap, very excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                  ATLANTIC CITY – Lucas Matthysse didn’t look like a man who had endured a week’s worth of aggravation, an 11-hour plane ride and a 2-hour car trip to get to a date with Lamont Peterson at Boardwalk Hall on Saturday night.

As he sat at small table with a group of reporters inside of a meeting room at Caesar’s Palace on Thursday afternoon, Matthysse looked like he had just walked across the street from having a cup of coffee. If appearances are any indication, then Matthysse looked more than ready for his 12-round junior welterweight match against Peterson, the IBF titleholder.

“It’s been a very long trip,” Matthysee said. “But the most important thing is I’m here now and I’m ready to fight.”

Matthysse’s home at Trelew, Argentina was burglarized Thursday while he was away training in the town of Junin.

“Someone broke in and took some things and cut up my passport,” Matthysse said. “I don’t know who did it.”

It took Matthysse nearly a week to get another passport and visa to travel to America so that he could fight Peterson.

“I don’t think it’s going to have any influence on the fight,” he said. “I had already done basically everything (in training).”

If he didn’t have the problem with his passport, he would have arrived in America on Monday to acclimate himself to his environment. That is what he has done in previous fights in America. But that really hasn’t helped him win decisions in his previous major matches here. He lost split decisions to Zab Judah in New Jersey and to Devon Alexander in Missouri.

Certainly Matthysse won’t be robbed twice in the two weeks. He laughed at the suggestion.

“Peterson will feel my power,” Matthysse said.

“Peterson is a good fighter and a good boxer,” Matthysse said. “He knows how to deal with things when he is in danger. I think I can beat him with my power. I know how to get in the best punches to use my power.”

Kevin Cunningham, Alexander’s trainer, said when Alexander fought Matthysse they had a basic strategy.

“I think he was looking to land that big right hand,” Cunningham said. “We took away that right hand. We boxed him and kept him turning."

“We got to a point in camp where Devon couldn’t get past 147 pounds,” Cunningham said. “By the fourth round he said he felt like his legs weren’t underneath him.”

Matthysse pushed Alexander to the limits and many people thought that he did enough to win the fight. Alexander abandoned the junior welterweight division and moved to 147 pounds after that fight.

Matthysse believes Peterson and Alexander are similar.

“They have the same style except one is a southpaw and the other is orthodox,” Matthysse said.

“Everybody in my family is involved in boxing,” he said. “My mother, my father, my sister, my brother. It’s a family tradition.”

His sister, Edith Soledad, fought for a world title in Argentina last week. Go figure, she lost by split decision.

Matthysse knows all about that. He is returning to America to try to do what he couldn’t do the last two times he came here. He’s trying to win another important match that will advance his position in the junior welterweight division. This trip got off to a bumpy start, but he hopes it has a successful ending.

“When they told me that I was coming back to America for this fight I came with the mentality to win,” he said. “I never came here thinking it was going to be a robbery. I’ve got some experience in that. But I’m not thinking I’m going to get robbed one more time.”

Yes, indeed. Once in a week is enough.

http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...y-travel-delay
                  Yeah, Cunningham, you did such a good job taking away the right hand that your fighter got his ass kicked.

Glad to hear that Matthysse is ready to go. This is it, he has to take advantage of this. No excuses. This is a tough fight against a tough fighter, he can't show up less than 100%.

Comment

• Some one cut up his passport, wtf

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Some one cut up his passport, wtf
                      this sounds like a typical case of a spiteful B*tch vengeance.

Comment

Working...
                      X