No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
    No those are not Matthysse "FANS", the ones who are talking **** are not Matthysse fans at all, those are bandwagon fans looking for a new Bandwagon to jump on and they are using Matthysse to talk trash about other fighters like Danny Garcia and Adrien Broner and even Floyd Mayweather

Just look at the idiots who are trolling and talking the most trash after Matthysse victory, then search their Post History and see how many times have they posted about Matthysse in the past

During the Chavez Jr vs Martinez build up some of them was talking **** about Argentinians now they are the same ones on Matthysse Bandwagon pretending like they always been a fan of his

Matthysse is a damn good fighter with amazing power, the man is long over due for some hype but yeah of course some people are going to take things TOO FAR and start accusing everybody of ducking him

Comment

• Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
      Peterson by KO/TKO

abdiel2k3, Almondsand, animalfan10, Big Dunn, BrokenHat, craigus1990, GAME2010, Imatroll, johnle43, LEATHERF8CE, Mayweather41-0, Shad0wB0xer, swagswag

What the heck were these guys thinking? Lucas has never shown a leaky chin before, I wonder what made them lead to the conclusion of Peterson by KO.
      LOL, LEATHERF8CE said Dallas Jr. would make Matthysse look bad. He just doesn't like the guy for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I think Matthysse's most underrated punch is his straight right to the body.

It's a weapon, but not only that, it set's up a lot of his shots upstairs.

He hurt Alexander badly with that shot.

It set up the first KD with Lamont.

He's very skilled. Subtly, but very skilled.
        I love that punch, even if he ruined his chances to win a decision against Judah because it was the only one he threw for 5 rounds. It's the punch he uses to push you where he wants you.

People wonder why his opponents usually end up against the ropes where he wants them. That right hand is why. It smashes into your chest and you can't help but go backwards.
        Last edited by bojangles1987; 05-21-2013, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I love that punch, even if he ruined his chances to win a decision against Judah because it was the only one he threw for 5 rounds. It's the punch he uses to push you where he wants you.

People wonder why his opponents usually end up against the ropes where he wants them. That right hand is why. It smashes into your chest and you can't help but go backwards.
          Great post.

I think the bolded is why there is such a disparity between peoples scoring for the Judah Matts fight. Some prefer 1 flashy left hand to 10 good bodyshots for some reason

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
            Only problem with this there were plenty of Matthysse fans before the Peterson fight. Loads of anti-Matthysse posters were complaining about the hype he was getting. Obviously he's added fans after the win but so what? If you cant add fans after a 3 round ko of a top top opponent then when can you?

Also to add to the discussion about Matt's subtle skills... I feel he controls distance better than pretty much any pressure fighter in the sport. The amount of times Peterson, Judah and Peterson were falling short with their punches (against a smaller guy as well) was crazy. Part of it is head movement, part of it is fear of what is coming back, but mostly his footwork is excellent! He barely even flinches most of the time when guys are throwing punches at him because he knows he is out of range. Then if they stray into his punching range for a split second its pop pop pop, hard punches to body and head and the other guy goes back to trying to stay out of range.

It really is great to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Great post.

I think the bolded is why there is such a disparity between peoples scoring for the Judah Matts fight. Some prefer 1 flashy left hand to 10 good bodyshots for some reason
              It's because people don't really know what they are watching. The face punch is always easier to see than a body blow on top of it being more eye pleasing. People think a face punch is always worse or better than a body blow which is not always the case.

Comment

• Have the 'Matthysse weighed 163 against Dallas' gang finally given up the ghost? He was 150 against Peterson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Have the 'Matthysse weighed 163 against Dallas' gang finally given up the ghost? He was 150 against Peterson.
                  I never believed that for a second anyway just based on his physique. A 5'6" man weighing 163 would've looked to be carrying significantly more bulk on his frame. He looks all of 150. Lucas is a little Powerhouse.

Comment

Only problem with this there were plenty of Matthysse fans before the Peterson fight. Loads of anti-Matthysse posters were complaining about the hype he was getting. Obviously he's added fans after the win but so what? If you cant add fans after a 3 round ko of a top top opponent then when can you?

Also to add to the discussion about Matt's subtle skills... I feel he controls distance better than pretty much any pressure fighter in the sport. The amount of times Peterson, Judah and Peterson were falling short with their punches (against a smaller guy as well) was crazy. Part of it is head movement, part of it is fear of what is coming back, but mostly his footwork is excellent! He barely even flinches most of the time when guys are throwing punches at him because he knows he is out of range. Then if they stray into his punching range for a split second its pop pop pop, hard punches to body and head and the other guy goes back to trying to stay out of range.

It really is great to watch.
                    I knew there was a Lucas gang on here during the Judah and Alexander fights...I can damn near point them ALL out...there wasn't many of them

after Khan was iced by Garcia the Lucas gang grew in numbers....so when Dallas Jr. got ****d by Lucas and Garcia's name became attached to his...the gang grew even more...so during the Peterson build up there was plenty of riders....no bonafied riders just leeches....they know who they are and the REAL Lucas fans from day uno know who they are...I know who they are as well....but it don't really matter....fan bases are suppose to grow when a fighter performs well...I just hope the gang stays loyal after he takes "L" in September though

Comment

Great post.

I don't get it, especially when those body punches have the effect that Lucas's do. Judges are also morons/corrupt/both, which doesn't help.

Comment

Working...
                      X