No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
    Matthysse should sign with Reyes gloves, imagine the KOs if he moved out of those everlasts to Reyes

everlast have always had a rep as a punchers glove.

they've got three pro gloves now, a balanced model (which is similar to the glove they've always produced, called the 1910, and still a good punchers glove,) a punchers model(mx, horsehair at the knuckles and some of that soft leather that will cut you up) and the boxer's model (the protex.)

matthysse was using the balanced model, at least that's what it looked like. some commissions require the fighters to wear the same gloves. i'm not sure if this had an effect on the choice of gloves on saturday.

Comment

• I like Lucas but he's being overrated a partially focused PAC hammers him. PAC is a legend of the sport and has speed and power in both hands Lucas has never seen is a soup as etc. I suppose in boxing your only as good as your last fight.

Comment

• I would like to see this fight. TR should offer GBP $3m flat fee for Mathysse's services.

Comment

• Extremely easy fight for Pacquiao

Comment

• Pac wouldn't fight Lucas. He's finished and would get brutally KO'd again.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              Pac wouldn't fight Lucas. He's finished and would get brutally KO'd again.
              Agree 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by r__mutt View Post

What about Marquez v Matthysse? Wouldn't mind seeing that depending on how Marquez does next (if he really is a "new" Marquez).
                Great fight. Would never be too quick to pick against Marquez but he looked pretty immobile against Pacquiao in the 4th fight. Obviously he wanted to trade more but I thought he was turning slower and was a bit more flat footed as well. If you're not really mobile and sharp on your toes you'll play a dangerous game with Lucas.

It goes back to that thing of just how hard is it to hurt Matthysse? JMM would catch him with some big counters but once Matthysse got inside he'd start doing damage. I could definitely see him dropping Marquez, but could he keep him down? I don't know, no one's ever done it.

Comment

• I'm really shocked by how you guys are understating pacs a ability as a result of one loss to an atg I think PAC should take the fight destroy the guy to shut you guys up.

Comment

• pac would never fight matthyse......too dangerous.

Comment

• Who doesn't like Lucas Mathysse?

This guy is awesome. He has unrivaled power in his division, is very entertaining, has a granite chin, he's humble and funny. And on top of all of that seems to really appreciate his fans.

He was sort of a hidden gem for a while. The fights he had with Judah, Alexander, Olusegun, Dallas etc were kind of all low profile fights. Glad to see him topping a bill and finishing it off in great style.

Comment

Working...
                      X