No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Gears Up For Homecoming After Two Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are people whining?

It looks like Khan is considering a jump to 147 and he's testing the waters at a weight closer to home. Although it's not really the proper way of doing things, it's not like he's fighting for a welterweight belt at a catch weight.

I guess this is GBP's arrival on the British scene with Ogogo on the undercard and maybe another British fighter?

I look forward to it.

Comment

I hope Khan doesnt let the occasion get to him and fight reckless, he is an exciting fighter but he needs to show some discipline for a few fights and get some wins. If he can stay out of exchanges, use his jab and never move his right hand from his chin, he could beat most lower rank opposition. His need to impress is his weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        The adrenaline caused by the uncertainty about whether he can hold a shot is what kept me awake.

I am trying to think if there would be any decent domestic foes for Khan not named Kell Brook. I suppose Gavin is not really ready, and someone like Denton Vassell probably isn't quite good enough.
        There is no one domestically to fight him Lopez would have been a good fight to have in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          Why are people whining?

It looks like Khan is considering a jump to 147 and he's testing the waters at a weight closer to home. Although it's not really the proper way of doing things, it's not like he's fighting for a welterweight belt at a catch weight.

I guess this is GBP's arrival on the British scene with Ogogo on the undercard and maybe another British fighter?

I look forward to it.
          Good post I'm looking forward to seeing GBP in the UK. Diaz is an ok fight as well.

Comment

No matter who he fights theres always a chance we get to see the famous CHICKEN DANCE!!! It looked like he taught david price a few of those slick dance steps!!

Comment

Fight Prescott and make some good money. People will pay to see that fight, its a no brainer. The British public would lap it up.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Why are people whining?

I look forward to it.
                Please explain how fighting a feather fisted "former lightweight champion" can be classed as testing the waters for a move to 147?

Khan is finished, never made it to elite level and is now taking zero risk fights to protect himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                  Fight Prescott and make some good money. People will pay to see that fight, its a no brainer. The British public would lap it up.
                  Indeed. Really sad that he continues to just turn his nose at avenging this freaking loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                    Khabib is fighting Prescott next month.

Comment

Khan fighting Diaz in the UK is an okay fight I guess.
                      Good night of boxing on Showtime though with Zab vs Garcia and the undercard fight that feature Quillin vs Guerrero and Jacobs vs Lyell on the same day.

Plus you have Martinez vs Murray and Abregu vs Decarie on HBO. Six fights in one night not bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X