Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez willing to move down 10lbs to fight Floyd, but not move up 8 to fight Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's after the money fight which is why I think his fans are a bunch of hypocrite. Fighting Floyd provides the highest amount of money and has the least risk involved, I don't believe it would take place at 154lb because if negotiations started Martinez would be able to quickly flip the switch and demand the fight take place at 160lb, if Floyd then refused his reputation would take a hit as a fighter who tried draining his opponent.

That being said I'd like to see Floyd fight Martinez at 160lb I just find the Martinez fanboys funny in the sense that they don't demand the same thing from the fighter they support. Why not have Martinez move up 8lb to fight Andre Ward? He wants to prove that he is the best in the business? Or at least that's what he wants people to believe, a victory over Ward would accomplish that. People go on and on about the best fighter pound for pound not fighting one another overlooking the fact that Ward and Martinez are also only 1 division apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I'll keep it real for all those dat wanna keep it fake. The difference between Ward/Martinez & Martinez/Floyd is this.

There is no educated Martinez fan that will tell you that Martinez will go up to 168 (a weight he's never been) & beat Andre Ward, the best fighter on the planet.

But there are plenty of Floyd fans that will tell you that Floyd will beat Martinez at 154. A weight both have been champion at. However they say Floyd would beat him then make a million excuses for why Floyd won't fight him.
      Dammit. Says I can't green K you. I've been green K'ing you too much I guess.

Comment

sergio enters the ring on fight nights weighing damn near the same as big welters who cut a lot of weight

the man is not a big middle so why would he move up to a bigger division when he canb barely keep the weight on at mw?

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          Tall is not bigger PW was a WW , boxing is weight , and Pav and Jnr are plodders , Ward is big and fast that makes all the difference in the world , if you want to fight substantially bigger guys they either got to be CWed or you pick your mark , boxing is a speed game dont fight guys bigger that are as fast or faster because you will more than likely lose , from Leonard beating Hagler to Jones beating Ruiz speed is what wins .
          Or maybe there just better technical skills won them that fight? Speed don't mean **** unless you can use it properly ask pac.

Comment

argentina is a small island who doesnt get paper view

aregentina dont know sht about boxing.

Comment

Ya'll mother****ers still off on Pacquiao mania or something? Martinez was a 154 guy who moved up to 160 for the opportunity. He's grown into 160 nicely, but that's the weight he needs to be fighting at. Look at him in the ring against Chavez Jr and tell me who needs to move up.

Martinez is not a super middleweight, thus he should not be fighting at super middleweight.

Mayweather-Martinez is a lot of hot air, a completely unrealistic fight. Floyd is too small to even be competing at 154. He isn't going to fight a damn middleweight after seeing what happened to Cotto when he fought a real 154lber.

You guys are being ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                Coward and a Bully
                He's already moved up dum dum! He's the Middleweight champ and he's not caring about being a multi division champ so why does he have to go up? Stop trying to get easy paydays for Ward! Lets Ward move to 175. Why is Ward trying to pick on a 154 pound fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                  Coward and a Bully
                  Floyds the coward bloating JMM up, while not being prepared to bloat himself up to middleweight to fight a small middleweight in Sergio!

Floyd wont move down or up, so its hard to get a fight with him, he wont budge, as the WW is quite weak and he likes it there.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Floyds the coward bloating JMM up, while not being prepared to bloat himself up to middleweight to fight a small middleweight in Sergio!

Floyd wont move down or up, so its hard to get a fight with him, he wont budge, as the WW is quite weak and he likes it there.
                    JMM was the same size as when Manny fought him and Manny was heavier than Floyd , and Floyd went up from 135 to 154 with no CWs while Manny refuses to fight the same guys without a CW ,

Your so full of sheeeet how do do write the garbage you do just baseless dribble !

Comment

Martinez is held to a lower standard than Floyd

Comment

Working...
                      X